Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member - IS F collection next week

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself to IS F forum, due to collect my 58 plate, wait for it - maybe not a popular choice of colour - SILVER!! next week. Car being collected from non franchised dealer in Dumfries and then immediately back to Lexus dealership in Glasgow for 60K + service and 2 year warranty / service plan being bought if everything OK. Car was on Autotrader with just about 55K on it - Full Lexus service history but needing the 60K service - got a healthy discount to take it without service as was intending to take it to Lexus to keep FLSH up. Car has had 4x new tyres and full set of discs and pads from Lexus (Manchester) last June so plenty of life left there. Looking forward to running the IS F, have only heard good things about reliability, currently moving up from my Lexus RX400H which I have had for past 7 years. Hope to meet up with other owners soon - This one will be moving to West coast of Scotland so a fair bit away from the majority of other owners - but great empty roads over this end of country to get most out of this car.

• Like 8

Hi Mark, yes it is the one advertised at Border Cars, didn't notice any issue with exhaust tips going over it a couple of weeks ago but it is meant to be ready and will be in their showroom for collection on Mon 03/04 so I will check over this carefully before final payment. Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Hi Mark, yes it is the one advertised at Border Cars, didn't notice any issue with exhaust tips going over it a couple of weeks ago but it is meant to be ready and will be in their showroom for collection on Mon 03/04 so I will check over this carefully before final payment. Thanks

from the pictures, and obviously there are others who actually own them, unlike myself, the tips look like they are missing, or the exhaust has been changed?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701301805575?sort=price-asc&model=IS F&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&postcode=sl45ey&page=1

picture 3

53 minutes ago, lockeyboy said:

from the pictures, and obviously there are others who actually own them, unlike myself, the tips look like they are missing, or the exhaust has been changed?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701301805575?sort=price-asc&model=IS F&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&postcode=sl45ey&page=1

picture 3

If this is the car then it looks like it has a custom exhaust with the fake tip panels removed.

5 hours ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself to IS F forum, due to collect my 58 plate, wait for it - maybe not a popular choice of colour - SILVER!! next week. Car being collected from non franchised dealer in Dumfries and then immediately back to Lexus dealership in Glasgow for 60K + service and 2 year warranty / service plan being bought if everything OK. Car was on Autotrader with just about 55K on it - Full Lexus service history but needing the 60K service - got a healthy discount to take it without service as was intending to take it to Lexus to keep FLSH up. Car has had 4x new tyres and full set of discs and pads from Lexus (Manchester) last June so plenty of life left there. Looking forward to running the IS F, have only heard good things about reliability, currently moving up from my Lexus RX400H which I have had for past 7 years. Hope to meet up with other owners soon - This one will be moving to West coast of Scotland so a fair bit away from the majority of other owners - but great empty roads over this end of country to get most out of this car.

Welcome to the club & I'm sure you will love the car - I'm not jealous at all regarding the roads you will be enjoying the F on!! :wink3:

• Like 1

Gents, thanks for the observant comments regarding the exhaust tips - i can see by comparing it against a standard IS F exhaust that it does look like a custom exhaust tail section.I will look closely when collecting the car, hopefully it is a quality stainless alternative and i will not need to do anything to it for a while.Blew most of my available budget buying it and allowing for big service / warranty / 2 year service plan. Maybe return it to stock after? hopefully it is quiet enough at tick over - don't want to upset the neighbours too much - for just now anyway!!

6 minutes ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Gents, thanks for the observant comments regarding the exhaust tips - i can see by comparing it against a standard IS F exhaust that it does look like a custom exhaust tail section.I will look closely when collecting the car, hopefully it is a quality stainless alternative and i will not need to do anything to it for a while.Blew most of my available budget buying it and allowing for big service / warranty / 2 year service plan. Maybe return it to stock after? hopefully it is quiet enough at tick over - don't want to upset the neighbours too much - for just now anyway!!

Congratulations on the purchase, sounds like you have some great roads nearby to make the most of the ISF 👍. I'm sure they exhaust is fine, if just a cat back, shouldn't effect the warranty. The tips aren't cheap, £300'ish a side but you might enjoy the after market exhaust and not bother. 

• Like 1

As already mentioned above I would wait & see with the exhaust. Quite a common mod for the ISF as so well sound insulated that below 3.5k rpm engine isn't quite as audible as most of us would prefer. Also the fake exhaust tips are known to occasionally come off which requires a new panel usually, at a cost of some £400/corner (from Lexus), so £1k  for a stainless steel CAT back exhaust is a bargain relatively speaking.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DAW said:

As already mentioned above I would wait & see with the exhaust. Quite a common mod for the ISF as so well sound insulated that below 3.5k rpm engine isn't quite as audible as most of us would prefer. Also the fake exhaust tips are known to occasionally come off which requires a new panel usually, at a cost of some £400/corner (from Lexus), so £1k  for a stainless steel CAT back exhaust is a bargain relatively speaking.

@DAW David that's a good point, interesting to see what the exhaust is 👍

🐀

• Like 1

Great stuff, you will love it, exhaust has clearly been changed, at the very least the back boxes, should sound better, I know mine does.

Yes a few members on here have an issue with colours, the less said about that the better:wallbash::war:

Morning, have just been on phone to Border Cars and their mechanics have confirmed that the Lexus IS F was taken in and photographed initially with custom back boxes in place. The garage would not sell the car on with this exhaust arrangement so the original back boxes have been replaced. I was sure that the standard Lexus system was on the car when I test drove it?? - it was very quite at low revs. Thank to Lockeyboy (Mark) for the eagle eyes on the photos and all the other members for their positive comments - A great forum so far - excellent help / comments from all. The SILVER IS F's are spreading out to all corners of the UK - looking forward to giving it a blast on the local runway at RAF Machrihanish where I can legally boot it to see how well it goes (runway well over 3 miles long and empty - most of the time anyway!) Cheers.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Morning, have just been on phone to Border Cars and their mechanics have confirmed that the Lexus IS F was taken in and photographed initially with custom back boxes in place. The garage would not sell the car on with this exhaust arrangement so the original back boxes have been replaced. I was sure that the standard Lexus system was on the car when I test drove it?? - it was very quite at low revs. Thank to Lockeyboy (Mark) for the eagle eyes on the photos and all the other members for their positive comments - A great forum so far - excellent help / comments from all. The SILVER IS F's are spreading out to all corners of the UK - looking forward to giving it a blast on the local runway at RAF Machrihanish where I can legally boot it to see how well it goes (runway well over 3 miles long and empty - most of the time anyway!) Cheers.

@Oscar (The Grouch) That's good news matey money saved warranty worries availed !

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Welcome Craig, the isf is a great car and in Silver it is, "oh my look at that".

I'm over in Bathgate, West Lothian.

Over the east in Fife there is Crail drag strip, not been yet but plan to.

Is the runway your talking about open to all?

Awe the best

Mark

Hi Mark, RAF Machrihanish used to be owned by MOD / US Navy SEAL team operated from this base before it closed as operational base and has been taken over by MACC, a private firm renting out land / buildings. The runway has been used for MACC rally stage and is sometime available for private cars to open up and test without fear of getting ticket! or running into someone - apart from maybe local deer!! It is used only twice daily for Flybe service in from Glasgow and was the reserve runway for space shuttle, I think it was longest in UK and second longest in Europe so should be able to get to maybe full speed? and safely stop again!!

Thanks for welcome

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Hi Mark, RAF Machrihanish used to be owned by MOD / US Navy SEAL team operated from this base before it closed as operational base and has been taken over by MACC, a private firm renting out land / buildings. The runway has been used for MACC rally stage and is sometime available for private cars to open up and test without fear of getting ticket! or running into someone - apart from maybe local deer!! It is used only twice daily for Flybe service in from Glasgow and was the reserve runway for space shuttle, I think it was longest in UK and second longest in Europe so should be able to get to maybe full speed? and safely stop again!!

Thanks for welcome

Do you have a dash Cam?:yes:

3 minutes ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Thanks for welcome

Thanks for the info Craig, never heard of this place before. The weather forecast for easter holiday period is a heat wave so may take a drive over that area in the second week. Practice my quarter mile runs before I compete at Crail.

And yes the isf will reach top speed easily and stop over that distance.

13 minutes ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Thanks for welcome

@Oscar (The Grouch) Craig you are right about the Americans it was Seal team 1 who were there for some time , they are now based in Honolulu....... Now I'm just wondering were they would much rather be hereIMG_2586.JPG.60489b6bbb1d7eba37c1d9e00af9aba5.JPG

or here

IMG_2585.JPG.23b1b4f139c9c5bf47f23b40d3abbdfe.JPG

Big Rat 😂

• Like 3

Many stories of American SEAL's over the years getting up to things they shouldn't have and crashing - mainly boats + breaking bones with late parachute openings - I digress.

Not sure when runway would be open again for next public use - but will update you Mark if I get contact for random use - it is not that often that vehicles get on - will let you know.

Will borrow dash cam - Mark - if I get an opportunity to open it up on runway and post results

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

Thanks for the info Craig, never heard of this place before. The weather forecast for easter holiday period is a heat wave so may take a drive over that area in the second week. Practice my quarter mile runs before I compete at Crail.

And yes the isf will reach top speed easily and stop over that distance.

What is the top speed of a silver one.....150-155???

• Like 2

well, obviously the glare from the garish, sales rep silver paint slows them down, whereas a nice, subtle, cadoxtan slate colour blends in with the scenery more and is therefore faster.... I've had an indicated 165 on the autobahn and it was still going, unfortunately I've not managed to find enough clear road on trips to Germany to max it...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links