Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yep, pretty much as you say, plug in, turn on and go.

It is not the most intuitive bit of software, but it shouldn't be too hard to find the relevant bits.

It is reasonably strait forward on older operating Windows systems "XP and earlier 32bit", but not quite so easy on Windows 7/8/10 64bit. Make sure you chose "mini VCI as the adapter in the drop down menu. If the computer connects to the adapter without being connected to the car things are reasonably intuitive once connected to the car.

John.

• Like 1

Good point John.

It is apparently possible to get it working on a 64 bit system, but after several hours of trying, I gave up and found an old laptop.

I purposefully bought an old xp tough book for the garage lol.

John, you say if it connects to the adapter without being connected to the car, so should I try it off car first to get it to recognise the adapter, then after that connect to car?

Cheers all

On 2017-3-28 at 10:25 PM, Farqui said:

I think Richard found a garage in Northants/Leics that replaced/coded a sensor for around £50.

I recently had one done by a mobile fitter at close to double that 😕

The OEM units are Pacific but different replacements can be fitted.

When a sensor is replaced, all the sensors need to be read and uploaded to the ECU.

Speak to Andy at AGH Tyres in Northampton he has the tpms valves themselves too which I think are included in the £50 a wheel charge but check that with him first.

www.agytyresnorthampton.co.uk

• Like 1

On 2017-4-14 at 11:40 PM, AmbroseJohn said:

?id=2061X563690&site=lexusownersclub.co.uk&xs=1&isjs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi67.tinypic.com%2Fe8ol0y.jpg&xguid=53f1a5fbc63414529b2432217d848899&xuuid=15eaede7c5b830e3cbff2d8ff5c5f901&xsessid=da8db7a054409e66a8d00adf61d6d0b4&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lexusownersclub.co.uk%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F108328-tpms-wont-fit-in-new-wheels%2F%23comment-958863&pref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lexusownersclub.co.uk%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F108328-tpms-wont-fit-in-new-wheels%2F%3Fdo%3Dembed%26comment%3D958863%26embedComment%3D958863%26embedDo%3DfindComment&xtz=-60&abp=1

Sorry I'm clearly getting a mite slow. This is obviously a photo of some TPNS sensors in a cast box with one of the sensors fitted into the side of the box but I can't find what it refers to or why the sensor is fitted into the side of the box. I'd welcome a hint Ambrose John.

Sticking the sensors in a pressurised box (in the boot) will keep any low pressure warning lights at bay.

You can then fit standard/cheaper valves to your wheels that don't leak as easily as the TPMS ones.

You will loose dynamic air pressure monitoring of your wheels tho.

• Like 1

Just now, Farqui said:

Sticking the sensors in a pressurised box (in the boot) will keep any low pressure warning lights at bay.

You can then fit standard/cheaper valves to your wheels that don't leak as easily as the TPMS ones.

Thank you for this Farqui and Ambrose John for the original post. What a sneaky idea. :winkiss:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lexus4Me? said:

Sorry I'm clearly getting a mite slow. This is obviously a photo of some TPNS sensors in a cast box with one of the sensors fitted into the side of the box but I can't find what it refers to or why the sensor is fitted into the side of the box. I'd welcome a hint Ambrose John.

You need to pressurise the box, you could fit a separate valve but it's just as easy to use one of the sensors.

4 hours ago, Farqui said:

Can one not have the TPMS coded out using Techstream?

That said, doesn't a car after a certain model year require some form of tyre pressure warning, to comply with EU regs and type approval?

3 hours ago, Farqui said:

Good point, TPMS was initially optional. Seems it became mandatory within the EU 2012/2014.
http://www.techeurope.co.uk/tech/news/view/35/European-legislation-on-TPMS-imminent

If the light is on, with the car running normally or off during during initialisation, you'll fail the MOT.  The sensors just have to be working, they won't check if they're in the tyres, just the same as they won't check any other system, as long as the warning lights indicate that it's working normally.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Surely subverting the function is illegal? Why do it, just to save some money? It's all part and parcel of owning a vehicle.  

Sensors don't fit in the new wheels and to be honest I've spent 50 years driving trouble free, without the need for a computer to tell me I've got a flat.

Checking tyre pressures is part of routine maintenance and if you don't know you're driving on a flat tyre, you never should be driving anyhow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AmbroseJohn said:

Sensors don't fit in the new wheels and to be honest I've spent 50 years driving trouble free, without the need for a computer to tell me I've got a flat.

Checking tyre pressures is part of routine maintenance and if you don't know you're driving on a flat tyre, you never should be driving anyhow.

Agree totally, it's one of those modern fads that we really don't need if, as you say, routine tyre pressure checks are done and I for one am always checking the pressure and condition of my tyres. TPMS won't for instance, tell you if you have a bulge in the sidewall from hitting a pothole...

But TPMS is now legally required on cars from a certain year.

Can Lexus cars be coded to use a software version, taking information from the ABS sensors?

So bought the techstream disk and cable that John posted, and my laptop won't read the small disk. Not sure if it's the disk or my laptop just doesnt do little ones, but any ideas if there a working download, or how else I can get the software, as seems more are sold with small disks now.

Thanks

Well copied it to memory stick via another computer, so that's done. Installed but wants a code, great, as don't have one lol

21 minutes ago, Upex said:

Well copied it to memory stick via another computer, so that's done. Installed but wants a code, great, as don't have one lol

If it is asking for a code you have loaded the software in the wrong order. You must load them in the order quoted in the instructions on the disc. 

Remove the program in "control panel- programs & features" then reload in the correct order. If I remember correctly the drivers first without having connected the cable. Then the program, and finally connect the cable.

Connecting the cable first makes windows look for suitable drivers, and it loads an incorrect version.

John.

• Like 2

Both were right folks, thanks. Also wasn't configured correctly, but had a faff around and seemed to get it working (had to bail as laptop Battery is knackered and was about to crap out).

All modules came up yellow (no connection or something), but when entered into individually, did get them turning white.

Charging laptop now and will do full health check. Did have a quick look in abs module, and there was a low pressure error, so likely that's what's causing my pump to run constant, great!

Will post back when fully scanned, in here for the tps and the other tickjng thread for the abs.

Thanks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Upex said:

Both were right folks, thanks. Also wasn't configured correctly, but had a faff around and seemed to get it working (had to bail as laptop battery is knackered and was about to crap out).

All modules came up yellow (no connection or something), but when entered into individually, did get them turning white.

Charging laptop now and will do full health check. Did have a quick look in abs module, and there was a low pressure error, so likely that's what's causing my pump to run constant, great!

Will post back when fully scanned, in here for the tps and the other tickjng thread for the abs.

Thanks

Bleeding the brakes using Techstream does a better job at changing fluid in areas of the system by opening hydraulic valves via the ECU for fluid to pass through.

This on the Prius "which uses a similar brake system" has been known to clear low pressure problems by removing small dirt particles stuck under valves. Worth a try anyway as the fluid should be changed I believe every 2 years. 

John.

Cheers John,

I'll Google, but do you how to do bleed process as you mention, or of a guide anywhere?

Just scanned now and error is c1256 accumulator low pressure.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Upex said:

Cheers John,

I'll Google, but do you how to do bleed process as you mention, or of a guide anywhere?

Just scanned now and error is c1256 accumulator low pressure.

Thanks

In Techstream go to the brakes ECU choose flushing or bleeding brakes, and it walks you through the process. 

John. 

Lovely, thanks, will have a look.

Any ideas how much brake fluid it'll require, don't want to run out half way lol.

Just realised I've posted the brake issue in tpms thread, oups, sorry folks, so back on thread:

My tpms errors are, with underlying data (I think?):

20170521_133426_resized.jpg

20170521_134441_resized.jpg

20170521_134452_resized.jpg

20170521_134427_resized.jpg

On another screen, it had 5 sensors, 3 showed pressure readings, 2 didnt.

How can I tell which are the duff ones, as 3 appear to be working correctly judging by that other screen I stumbled on (didnt take pic, thought I had. Edit now Found it, so attached).

20170521_133251.jpg

The only thing I have to go on regarding system capacity on the GS is again the Prius. It was recommended to have 4 ltrs or a gallon to hand to change the fluid completely. I would remove as much of the old fluid in the car by using a turkey baster "new one" to draw off the fluid in the container to start with

John.