Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 220d eng fault

Petekv32

Hi, have seen some similar posts and not quite the same answer!

Just bought low mileage 57k 2007 220d. Poss the problem....

After purchase, from dealer, started to loose power above 2000 rpm when under load, i.e. going up long hills, stuttering and vibrating. Ended up on motorway in third, 40mph with black smoke pouring out the exhaust. Not fun.

Dealer has said this is caused by a split Turbo Boost pressure hose. He is replacing this and obviously wants me to accept the car.. I am concerned this may either be deeper than this or the start of something worse. I have only had car less than a week so can return for refund if have to. Like the car though, and if the low mileage not a problem then,......?

Any advice form you experienced owners? Thanks in advance

I think you're right to re-consider. The 220d has to have been used properly and looked after to be a good used car.

A 10 year old / low mileage diesel car is not a good combo, the 220d needs long runs to get to operating temp and an average of 6K a year doesn't suggest lots of long trips.  

First question, is there a full Lexus service history with the car? Second question, are you a high mileage driver?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links