Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 Lexus NX Facelift

Lexus has announced that the new NX will be shown at the Shangai Motor Show this April

They're promising design changes to the exterior and interior and have released a teaser pic

17-03-28-lexus-nx-update-shanghai.jpg

As can be seen, the teaser shows updated headlights and a new grill but it'd difficult to see anything else

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, floggit said:

Has a lot of potential to be really special. Not sure where ill be in a couple a years but this could be a contender

It appears to look quite interesting with the new headlights. I suspect the rear lights will also be changed. 

Nearly rear-ended one when it slowed down quickly as it only has 3 tiny LED's lighting up on each side when braking! 

Ive realised that the grill hasn't changed at all but its actually the photo which appears to show bits shooting off like the LC commercial!

• Like 2

Look forward to seeing full pics. Will probably be my next car on account of enjoying my current NX so much. A perfect fit for me and I can't see beyond another one when I change

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Look forward to seeing full pics. Will probably be my next car on account of enjoying my current NX so much. A perfect fit for me and I can't see beyond another one when I change

I'll have to see full pics especially of the interior. I hope they add the larger screen and bring the remote touch back as the remote human interface is poor IMO.

It looks like the drivetrain will be the same so really I need to check if they've made extra sound deadening as the RX is a much more polished product atm

14 minutes ago, Capitalmagpie said:

Do you know when this is likely to be for sale Rayaans ??

Its being showcased next month

Id expect it to take a while even then so I would assume November/December this year or early next year. 

42 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

A little bit more torque would be welcome. Doubt they'll touch the engine though

Im hoping they'e got the new 2.5l Hybrid setup ready with the multi-stage transmission and lithium ion batteries but I doubt it. 

14 hours ago, rayaans said:

Im hoping they'e got the new 2.5l Hybrid setup ready with the multi-stage transmission and lithium ion batteries but I doubt it. 

I think they could do something with the existing engine. There is quite a difference in response and performance between Normal and Sport modes so I'd like to see the Sport mapping become Normal and then a more aggressive mapping for a Sport. More powerful batteries would be good, agreed. They don't seem to upgrade engines and batteries during a model lifecycle though

4 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I think they could do something with the existing engine. There is quite a difference in response and performance between Normal and Sport modes so I'd like to see the Sport mapping become Normal and then a more aggressive mapping for a Sport. More powerful batteries would be good, agreed. They don't seem to upgrade engines and batteries during a model lifecycle though

They did something with the IS making it more efficient in 2014 compared to the early 2013 models. 

Im eagerly awaiting April 19th to see what it looks like and the changes. If the current £5k+ discounts remain, it'd be rude not to! (providing I find it ok)

• 5 months later...

The NX Facelift had its European debut yesterday at the Frankfurt Motor Show. 

The NX remains largely unchanged with revised bumpers, lights and wheels. The interior now gains a larger centre screen and some new metal switchgear.

2018-Lexus-NX-300-at-IAA-2017.jpg

2018-Lexus-NX-300-front-three-quarters-a

2018-Lexus-NX-300-rear-three-quarters-ri

2018-Lexus-NX-300-side-at-IAA-2017.jpg

2018-Lexus-NX-300-rear-three-quarters-at

17-09-12-gallery-lexus-nx-2018-12.jpg

17-09-12-gallery-lexus-nx-2018-5.jpg

17-09-12-gallery-lexus-nx-2018-4.jpg

1 hour ago, javadude said:

That small grill at the side of the front bumper looks awful. Why a light grey bit of plastic?

I think its the lighting as the plastics have a sparkle to them. Its black plastic, same in colour and texture as black plastic around the arches. It looks fine IMO

17-09-12-gallery-lexus-nx-2018-2.jpg

Interior looks more expensive. Bigger screen, more premium switchgear and new colours for the leathertrim?

also heared there will be new exteriorcolors?

with the new dampers/set up i am curious if the ride will be different

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Interior looks more expensive. Bigger screen, more premium switchgear and new colours for the leathertrim?

also heared there will be new exteriorcolors?

with the new dampers/set up i am curious if the ride will be different

I dont think they've done anything to the dampers. Im not even convinced the F-Sport has adaptive dampers but we'll have to see when it lands.

Not sure about exterior colours - haven't see any new ones pop up yet. 

26 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Looks nice to me. Will have to see on in the flesh though. Have they done anything with the engine/batteries/motor?

Nope, carry over.

15 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Cheers for confirming. Shame. I think this is the weakest area of the NX300h

After doing some digging, it does appear that the suspension and chassis have been slightly tweaked. Whether or not you can tell when driving is something else entirely.

Turns out the NX200t has not been discontinued after all and is actually going to be offered as an NX300