Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apple Car Play

Yes shame they didn't integrate this as oem. Although not perfect this does give Bluetooth music streaming for the older F's and track/volume control from the steering wheel. I have one installed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GU1NYN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Aj82ybQFMKK8W

Vaistech and Grom also do a fully integrated version for about £500 which gives you Google maps, youtube etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 I think this is the grom stuff you mentioned, don't know if it's still available for both the earlier and later isF's but the functionality and the fact you keep OEM look is a plus point in my opinion.

http://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl1-lex5.html

Big Rat

Yep, that's it. The GROM kit I have is £100 and does perfectly well for streaming music and allows track changing from the steering wheel. The other kits are a step up, the newest GROM still has a few bugs which are being ironed out but tempting for the future. As you say, keeps the oem look but massive improvement on the functionality etc. £300 would be a no brainer!

Just now, emjay82 said:

Yep, that's it. The GROM kit I have is £100 and does perfectly well for streaming music and allows track changing from the steering wheel. The other kits are a step up, the newest GROM still has a few bugs which are being ironed out but tempting for the future. As you say, keeps the oem look but massive improvement on the functionality etc. £300 would be a no brainer!

Yes I can certainly see the appeal of these, personally I'd have to be 100% assured it didn't f... up any aspect of the cars functionality.

Big Rat

4 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Think it's pretty good but prone to freezing and needed to restart the car to reset. A bit of time to let the product de-bug it should be good. 

@emjay82 As so often the case with tech that is 'made' to replace or upgrade something, I'm lucky I have Barry the cul de sac guru when it comes to all things vehicle tech related, he's just fitted another Parrot ck3100 to my van as well as front and rear dash cams, the van is soon to get the latest Pioneer apple Play double din as well.

That last Parrot kit has lasted almost 8 years in 3 vans and worked faultlessly until last week.

Not bad for £90 notes 👍

Big Rat

• Like 1

Toyota/Lexus stupidly believe they have a better system and that it provides differentiation in the market place. Well it certainly does that, just not in a positive way.

They are clinging onto a 20 year old business model of upsetting people to a £2k nav system with £100+ map updates.

After further search I found this product Beat Sonic on the US forums. It is a Iphone mirroring system. (Watch)

It appears to be the most popular product over there. Am still trying to find out whether they have a UK installer or retailer. 

• Like 1

On 29/03/2017 at 11:48 PM, Fatts said:

After further search I found this product Beat Sonic on the US forums. It is a iPhone mirroring system. (Watch)

It appears to be the most popular product over there. Am still trying to find out whether they have a UK installer or retailer. 

@Fatts Banji only just seen your post looks interested keep us er...... posted !

Big Rat