AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


Recommended Posts

Can anyone recommend a good garage near Reigate Surrey for my beloved LS400 94

I have intermittent starting problems any help appreciated.

 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

If Brighton not to far to go there's a great independent down there that alot of the LOC members use including me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I can recommend Tech One in Sidcup. Toyota and Lexus specialists.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an indi in the chiswick area, been using him since late 1990's, I also am due to book into Grove Brighton for standard cambelt & rollers etc change as that sort of thing grove has the best reputation I have ever heard of. But, for starting probs, I would (I have) use my Chswick area indi, I will say this - if it is the starting motor itself thats the prob then its a big job, the motor is between the cab & the top (or maybe bottom) manifold and cannot be properly accessed to work on without taking the manifold off..........any idea if it is the starter motor or is the engine just turning over & the car not starting??? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2017 at 9:44 PM, londonlad said:

Can anyone recommend a good garage near Reigate Surrey for my beloved LS400 94

I have intermittent starting problems any help appreciated.

 

Thanks

 

If I remember correctly starting problems on the MK2 are often caused by the HT leads failing, and or coil packs.  The MK2 only has two coil packs whereas the later ones have 8. Let us know when you have a diagnosis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something else i remembered, lexus edgware rd will do a part exchange refurb if you exchange for a genuine lexus motor - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given Lexus labour charges at £170ish per hour, it would be really useful if this site could set up a category of 'good garages members have used and recommend', maybe by geographical area.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MLW said:

Given Lexus labour charges at £170ish per hour, it would be really useful if this site could set up a category of 'good garages members have used and recommend', maybe by geographical area.

That's a good idea, I'm still looking for a good garage in Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sunnybrae said:

That's a good idea, I'm still looking for a good garage in Scotland.

To have the names of services permantly on the LOC would definately get  those services who pay for the privilege upset. To recommend a certain garage etc is OK but anything more than that would be considered advertising.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To recommend a certain garage etc is OK but anything more than that would be considered advertising.

 

I would not name my west london indi online, but I do mention grove garage brighton sometimes as they are well known and mentioned on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bluesman said:

To have the names of services permantly on the LOC would definately get  those services who pay for the privilege upset. To recommend a certain garage etc is OK but anything more than that would be considered advertising.

 

So is this forum run as a business venture or is it here to help fellow Lexus owners? I belong to other forums and must admit that some of the rules on this one are of a very big brother mentality when it comes to selling and advertising.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Sunnybrae said:

So is this forum run as a business venture or is it here to help fellow Lexus owners? I belong to other forums and must admit that some of the rules on this one are of a very big brother mentality when it comes to selling and advertising.

Have a chat with Steve Barnes who owns this forum about his T&Cs which you agreed too you joined the LOC and tell him what you think of his forum, his email is lexusoc@gmail.com

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.