Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks

I have a 2007 IS25o with 49k miles and an annoying intermittent rattle that seems to be coming from the mid upper section of the dash. AS long as the road surface is good there is no problem but when things are less than perfect then the rattle starts. I previously had an IS200 which was silent and solid so am disappointed to encounter this. I am hoping that someone can come up with some sort of solution other than leaving it with the supplier (non Lexus) while the dash is removed, examined and replaced over a protracted period of time with substantial cost.

HELP !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a similar age IS250 with what sounds like the same problem. There are quite a few threads on this site and on clublexus.com and even a couple of YouTube videos.

What is seems to boil down to is that there are 'pegs' on the bulkhead that hold the dash in place. These either wear or are not strong enough, so you have two options. One is to pack the gap between the dash and the bulkhead with felt or a similar material, and the other is to get Lexus to take the dash off and replace the pegs. Some members have done both.

I'm not keen on filling the back of the dash with a flammable material so my plan is to wait for the passenger airbag recall and negotiate with Lexus to fix them when the dash is off anyway. Like you it is driving me nuts. I recall another member got them done by Lexus for around the £300 mark? Sounds like a lot, but if the dash is refitted wrongly, you'd get more squeaks and rattles.

Thank you all for your advice.

The problem seems to have been solved by my dealer inserting a length of foam rubber centrally between the dash and the windscreen. Pretty basic but has done the job at no cost so I ma happy with my silent 250

Hello

It was not a Lexus dealer. It was an independent from which I bought the car ( 2007 48k miles) last November. There is a Lexus dealership here but you know what they charge.