Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No big deal this but if you have the smart key system each key can be paired to a driver seat memory position. As soon as you touch the door handle to enter the car the seat will move to the memory number chosen for that key.

To register the key, get in car and close door but do not touch the ignition. Hold down required memory button and hold down 'Unlock' button on fob until beep and clunk in door.

Did not tell the wife I had pulled this trick and when she saw it happen with her key for the first time I could see her mind working. Ventured the guess the Lexus had memorised her scent.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GrahamG said:

No big deal this but if you have the smart key system each key can be paired to a driver seat memory position. As soon as you touch the door handle to enter the car the seat will move to the memory number chosen for that key.

To register the key, get in car and close door but do not touch the ignition. Hold down required memory button and hold down 'Unlock' button on fob until beep and clunk in door.

Did not tell the wife I had pulled this trick and when she saw it happen with her key for the first time I could see her mind working. Ventured the guess the Lexus had memorised her scent.

I wonder if it applies to the pre face-lift. I'll try it tomorrow if so.

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I wonder if it applies to the pre face-lift. I'll try it tomorrow if so.

Have tried to do this many times in the past but I think that I did not use this sequence of steps. I really hope that it does work on pre facelift because that would be brilliant. 

I thought this was only doable on US models.:wacko:

Alex 

As I told the wife today the OSA [Olfactory Spectrum Analyser] will identify and record up to six different perfumes and as this is quite an old car it had taken some time for it to lock onto her.

As she uses more than six perfumes I asked if I should upgrade the sensor to the 20x version for an extra £1,317.28. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrahamG said:

As I told the wife today the OSA [Olfactory Spectrum Analyser] will identify and record up to six different perfumes and as this is quite an old car it had taken some time for it to lock onto her.

As she uses more than six perfumes I asked if I should upgrade the sensor to the 20x version for an extra £1,317.28. 

:biggrin:

• Like 1