Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning Ceramic Coated Paintwork

My new RC300h came ceramic coated and after 5 months of simply washing with Autoglym shampoo and drying with microfibre towels, it is still really glossy. But it lacks the slickness of a well waxed surface.

So, today I washed the car with Meguiars Shampoo Plus and followed it with Meg's Synthetic X-Press Spray wax sprayed on the wet car, it acts as a drying aid (no water spots) and after wiping down with a microfibre towel, has left an exceptionally slick finish with a deep glossy wet look finish. 

Well pleased :yahoo:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

My new RC300h came ceramic coated and after 5 months of simply washing with AutoGlym shampoo and drying with microfibre towels, it is still really glossy. But it lacks the slickness of a well waxed surface.

So, today I washed the car with Meguiars Shampoo Plus and followed it with Meg's Synthetic X-Press Spray wax sprayed on the wet car, it acts as a drying aid (no water spots) and after wiping down with a microfibre towel, has left an exceptionally slick finish with a deep glossy wet look finish. 

Well pleased :yahoo:

Pictures or it never happened :yes:

My cars are coated with G3 Glasscoat and, when I wash them, the Glasscoat shampoo seems to restore the water shedding surface. It may be that the Autoglym shampoo (good as it is) does not contain the right chemicals to restore the finish.

Were you given special shampoo and detailing spray with the car?

Yes, had the detailing kit with shampoo, bird lime remover, etc... Shampoo is long gone! The ceramic coating doesn't require restoring, it sheds water very well. It's just the surface feels 'naked', I much prefer the feeling of a well waxed surface. The X-Press spray wax leaves a very slick surface.

IMG_20170403_112427_zpstyfiloqn.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...