Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing an ISF.......with another ISF

Sold my lovely white 09 plate ISF back in August - it was a high miler (120k) but excellent condition. Been looking at all kinds of different cars but could not decide what to buy and when I saw a lovely ISF 08 example just down the road I was tempted to go back. Car was delivered yesterday, lovely to hear the distinctive rumble as it came down my cul de sac. In silver which I must admit has never been a colour I have sought but the car looks great and the bodywork is in fantastic condition. The previous owner for the last 5 years is the director at Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield. Lovely chap and gutted to sell the ISF although his new Macan turbo with 480bhp will I am sure more than compensate. Great to be back in an ISF - like a pair of comfortable slippers or perhaps a familiar pair of running spikes!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nick W858 said:

Sold my lovely white 09 plate ISF back in August - it was a high miler (120k) but excellent condition. Been looking at all kinds of different cars but could not decide what to buy and when I saw a lovely ISF 08 example just down the road I was tempted to go back. Car was delivered yesterday, lovely to hear the distinctive rumble as it came down my cul de sac. In silver which I must admit has never been a colour I have sought but the car looks great and the bodywork is in fantastic condition. The previous owner for the last 5 years is the director at Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield. Lovely chap and gutted to sell the ISF although his new Macan turbo with 480bhp will I am sure more than compensate. Great to be back in an ISF - like a pair of comfortable slippers or perhaps a familiar pair of running spikes!

Congratulations Nick, welcome back. Look forward to seeing some pics of the new car. 👍 

Thanks guys, sold the last one because I was thinking about getting a 911, then a scare over my job security happened which put the 911 on hold and after testing some 911s I wasn't that impressed. My previous one was still under warranty and had just had the big 60k service (at 120k) and I thought with that mileage it would be difficult to sell on at some point. With the benefit of hindsight I should have kept it. This one was on AT, by chance I called ether owner about 10 mins before four guys from London were due to view it/test it, I told the owner I was a previous ISF owner and was a genuine buyer and to call me back if he didn't sell the car to the guys that were travelling up from London. I got a call within the hour, the owner really didn't like the guys, they week offering stupid money etc and in between the phone calls I had been onto my Lexus dealer and checked out all the history and so on which is immaculate. Next day I popped over to see the car, I liked the car and the owner and he liked me so it was a very pleasant transaction which makes it three in a row because the people I dealt with when I bought and sold my last one were all genuine too. Obviously says something about ISF owners!

• Like 2

@Nick W858 Nick I came from a 911 to the isF, no doubts from me it was the right decision, reliability replaces paranoia, build quality replaces a German manufactures parts bin, yes its full of Audi and Merc parts.

Look forward to the pics.

Big Rat

Yeah yeah yeah, silver ones are best, fastest, most reliable, driven by driving Gods and generally nice people, the blue ones on the other hand..............to be discussed in Wales....

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Yeah yeah yeah, silver ones are best, fastest, most reliable, driven by driving Gods and generally nice people, the blue ones on the other hand..............to be discussed in Wales....

@Mark G yes we've seen your driving style many many times before > 

IMG_2562.JPG.c8bbccf34b9c3fc9399629c3c2580b11.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1

Not sure if these will be any good - took them quickly yesterday. You can see my trusty old LS400 in the background one of them too.

Before you ask the roof has been wrapped in black which from the pictures in the AT ad I was really unsure about but in the flesh it looks great so think I will be keeping it that way.

WP_20170330_14_29_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20170330_14_29_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20170330_14_29_47_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Nick W858 said:

Not sure if these will be any good - took them quickly yesterday. You can see my trusty old LS400 in the background one of them too.

Before you ask the roof has been wrapped in black which from the pictures in the AT ad I was really unsure about but in the flesh it looks great so think I will be keeping it that way.

WP_20170330_14_29_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20170330_14_29_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20170330_14_29_47_Pro.jpg

@Nick W858 Ah yes Silver the only way to @Flytvr 😏

Nick I agree about the roof I'd leave it as well as long as it's been applied correctly why bother you can always change your mind.

Bug Rat

maybe you should take it a bit further and wrap more of the car, perhaps turn it a subtle grey/black colour all over, after all, they are unobtrusively faster....

• Like 1

my wife is sitting next to me and she has just suggested that baby pink would be a better colour, methinks I'm not going to take her car shopping in future

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonP said:

my wife is sitting next to me and she has just suggested that baby pink would be a better colour, methinks I'm not going to take her car shopping in future

@Nick W858 I don't know if that's a good idea not an isF but you get the idea 😂

🐀

IMG_2600.JPG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JonP said:

maybe you should take it a bit further and wrap more of the car, perhaps turn it a subtle grey/black colour all over, after all, they are unobtrusively faster....

I've heard the grey/black ones are faster too.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links