Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bargain luxury GS300

KUYTD

Greetings all.

I'm new to Lexus, used to have Toyotas for years, was on TOC when I was driving Carinas back in the day!

lost my way for a while, had Ford then Mazda, both uninspiring. No Toyotas at the moment really float my boat, wanted luxury on a small budget, considered a Honda Legend, but settled on a GS300. Decided that a 450h was too technical for me to work on and that I'd lose my licence with a 430, so with my sensible hat on I found a 300 for a bargain £3000. She's got 155k on the clock, good history, good condition green paint that seems to be quite rare, grey leather and a sunroof.

such a Lovely cruising car, why have I not had a Lexus before!!!

• Like 1

This is her. Not my pics I admit, these were the auto trader jobbies. 

CD player packed up straight away, but using a costa coffee club card and a post from this forum, managed to fix it last night. Just need to fix the cruise control now.

also, it's about 6 weeks from it's 12th birthday, so am going to try out the anti perforation warranty - again seen on forum - to get the chipped and slightly rusty cornered bonnet sorted 🙂

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Cheers.

yeah, just so much car for the money. Plenty of duffers out there too, chose this because of the history, plus as it's been kept on expensive tyres all it's life, I think that shows owners haven't skimped on maintenance.

• Like 1

Cheers.

yeah, just so much car for the money. Plenty of duffers out there too, chose this because of the history, plus as it's been kept on expensive tyres all it's life, I think that shows owners haven't skimped on maintenance.

Definitely mate especially the GS now am looking at NX upgrade when I can save up. This cars give us an exclusive feel and class and not just another BMW or Audi driver

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Had a bit of a polishing session today, looking shiny!

worked out how to use the cruise control, just the dodgy passenger door release left to fix.

Love this motor..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

To do list:

boot spoiler

possibly LE skirts

android integration

bonnet chips 

mk1 sport wheels, 10" rears diamond cut (anyone tried this on a mk3?)

7 minutes ago, IS200D said:

Great looking motor, that colour really suits it too. 

Thanks she's a stunner. Ironically, just seen a 450h in the carpark with matching colour!.

• 2 months later...

Hello again all.

had an issue with passenger front door lock when I got car, £22.50 part from eBay, two hours taking the door apart and all sorted.

did my service on Monday, 6l of Millers nannotech 5w30 and a K&N oil filter. Didn't have the tool for the filter housing, but a hammer came to the rescue! Would like to do the ecu reset now, saw something about taking two fuses out to reset engine and gearbox, anyone know which fuses I'm after?