Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch slip or CDD?

ax53

Hey guys, new IS200 owner and new to the forums.

I've noticed that in high gears when i plant the throttle the clutch will slip and the revs will go up kinda like in a semi automatic car. I know the IS200 is equipped with a thing called a CDD (clutch dampening device). Is this the function of this CDD thing or is my clutch simply going out? The weird thing is that in other cars I've had when the clutch is starting to go, it will slip way up because the engine give more torque in the higher revs, but this slipage doesn't make the revs shoot off. It's as if the clutch is modulating and keeping the RPM's steady as the car accelerate.

I would definitely like to get rid of this though, so the question is. CDD delete or new clutch? Thanks.

Edit: It's a manual car

Might be the dual mass flywheel .I had this back in the day. Lexus tried to fob me and others off , they said it was a characteristic of the car .They changed it (and the clutch)under warranty and all was fine. Hopefully for your sake it isn't. 

Here is a little video on it. It slips up to 3.2K but after that it seems to stop. I have to give it another try with the traction control off.