Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am looking to replace my near side headlight (2008 is250) has anyone on here replaced headlights and where did you buy?

have looked on the bay and have saw some used ones for about £200, don't really want to go down that route though just in case after fitting a used one i might end up with the same problem ( fogging) so would only want to fit a new one.

2 hours ago, Gramera flash said:

don't really want to go down that route though just in case after fitting a used one i might end up with the same problem ( fogging) so would only want to fit a new one.

Yep.. most likely to be the same. The lens is plastic so it will fog sooner or later. Obviously, if it is from outside then polishing might help, but my lenses have like little cracks deeps inside - polishing still improves how they look but only replacement would solve the issue. 

When it comes to used ones from ebay £200 are the pre-face lift ones and they are most likely from written off old cars - like 2005-2008, so unlikely to be an improvement over yours.

Basically, the choices are 2 - either you fork out £700 for something as cosmetic and have new units fitted which will last another 10 years, or you can pick up some good quality polishing paste, 3000 grip wet and dry paper and ideally some gloss clear with UV protection and "improve" the looks for ~ £30 which will last maybe 2-3 years.

£700 for a replacement headlight? What an absolute rip off

I had a new cylinder head gasket replaced in my old is220d for less money. 

Try a scrapyard. 

Thanks for all the input, ( peachy, did you steal my gag? ) I think some are misinterpreting my problem, the fogging is condensation, before I bought the car it must have had a minor bump at the nearside front as the wing has been resprayed, at the time it appeared the headlight was not affected but it must have a crack somewhere allowing a very small amount of water in causing condensation.

agree with others about the price though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links