Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

DIY Exhaust Mod

3 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Oooooo! Bring some spanners on Friday and we'll try it out on your F!  :)

I'm the smallest you two lift her up and I'll crawl under and do the noisy deed 😳

🐀

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

I'm the smallest you two lift her up and I'll crawl under and do the noisy deed 😳

🐀

Shall we try it on Mark's car? 

9 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

From the least technical person on this forum, "How hard can it be to get a good sound out of a 5 litre V8!"

:(

The thing is most the others manage it Porsche with Petrol V8 Panameras, in standard form are quieter than the isF.

Where as this is nice but obviously a very expensive car >

Big Rat

Flat crank on the Ferrari derived engines are impressive even in stock form. Was behind a Maserati GranSport this morning that sounded lovely. 

I guess Lexus had to compromise to appeal to their typical customer base. 

@GibletPH Yes they do sound rather good, but you are right about the Lex customer base something we tend to forget at times myself included.

Your isF is gone now did you sell it with the nice system on it you had made up ?

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@GibletPH Yes they do sound rather good, but you are right about the Lex customer base something we tend to forget at times myself included.

Your isF is gone now did you sell it with the nice system on it you had made up ?

Big Rat

Yup. Forgot to update my thread but turned out the exhaust place cut the existing exhaust off where the secondary cars join the flange so it made it a pain to revert back to stock. As a result I sold the car with the aftermarket exhaust. 

• Like 1

Ah right thanx for that just curious,  I know your happy with what you've got know thought about one my self a number of times in the past , go give us a couple of nice pics instead of these boring old ISF's all the time 😂

Big Rat

A23C201C-56E1-4CF6-B8E3-BB22F6EF68F8_zps

The chav chariot is currently being prepped for it's (and my) first trip to the Ring in a few weeks. New pads, brake fluid, tyres, lovely Ohlin DFV suspension etc. Wallet is taking a bit of a hammering, just need to make sure the car doesn't during the trip! Had the map tweaked recently, now sitting at 481bhp with 447 ft lbs of torque.

I still miss the ISF, thankfully I have the keys to the XFR as I'm babysitting it for a few weeks. Over 1000bhp on the driveway - 

471DAF57-1E7E-40F7-894B-F5F30ECFC44E_zps

• Like 3

@GibletPH Yep that's a lot of muscle should drive start to distort and sag give me a shout I'll come and sort it 😏

Youve been spending on the '10'  then got to have a right to reap the rewards, after all it's a lot of effort planning these trips and so on so mate as well through some wonga around.

You will love it over there hope the weather is good for you, I first went over in this 996 C2 I bought new in 2003 and specked it exactly how I wanted it for the 'Ring' and subsequent fast road use, I ticked the spec boxes for lowered sports suspension, quicker rack and the power pack upgrade which in itself was 8k 😳, car came to nearly 66K the things you do when your single and work to hard !

My best time round was 7.35.35, the conditions for us could only be described as perfect that day, stay safe.

Big Rat

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.bc71ee33a79bf22ddf7091173d2a692d.JPG

• Like 2

On 04/04/2017 at 7:49 PM, Big Rat said:

@Mark6pot Mark this is just for you, and others 😊

Big Rat

http://isf.turbomirage.com/DIY_isf_muffler_delete.html

Big Rat

I was going to go this route but I would have to carry my back boxes and spanners around with me to refit them to keep wife happy, with a electric valve i can open it, wind her up, get ordered to close it and it's done without crawling under the car on the hard shoulder lol

13 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@GibletPH Yep that's a lot of muscle should drive start to distort and sag give me a shout I'll come and sort it 😏

Youve been spending on the '10'  then got to have a right to reap the rewards, after all it's a lot of effort planning these trips and so on so mate as well through some wonga around.

You will love it over there hope the weather is good for you, I first went over in this 996 C2 I bought new in 2003 and specked it exactly how I wanted it for the 'Ring' and subsequent fast road use, I ticked the spec boxes for lowered sports suspension, quicker rack and the power pack upgrade which in itself was 8k 😳, car came to nearly 66K the things you do when your single and work to hard !

My best time round was 7.35.35, the conditions for us could only be described as perfect that day, stay safe.

Big Rat

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.bc71ee33a79bf22ddf7091173d2a692d.JPG

Cheers. Always had a soft spot for the 996. Don't think I'll be aiming for any lap records on my first trip out, just hope the weather is good and I get a few clear laps in. 

Back on topic, can't seem to find the thread on here where a Mesa Red ISF owner modified the rear section of their exhaust. I recall that it sounded rather nice. 

Yes, the mesa red one is mine.  I will do some searching and post the link.  At Alnwick gardens at the moment so will have to be in a few hrs.  If i want fitting an H+S cat back anyway, I'd definitely be doing this mod

Marcus

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, Flytvr said:

Oooooo! Bring some spanners on Friday and we'll try it out on your F!  :)

Yeah and a spray gun and some blue paint..................

• Like 1