Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye.....for now

I've just waved goodbye to my old 09 ISF - a lovely black car with 52k miles and perfect history - and am already wondering why I sold it (and what could replace it). I had the car just over 2 years and - apart from standard services - the car only needed tyres, rear discs and pads. Not bad for 2 and a bit years given the performance on tap !

In addition to the driving - which was fantastic - the whole ownership experience was great. A big part of this was the information and advice available on this forum which I found to be about the best informed and friendliest of all the forums I have been on over the years. Thanks to all who made it so and hope you continue to enjoy your cars.

I fully expect to be back as an ISF owner again in the future and hope to enjoy it as much as this time.

Cheers,

Gavan

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Cargav said:

I've just waved goodbye to my old 09 ISF - a lovely black car with 52k miles and perfect history - and am already wondering why I sold it (and what could replace it). I had the car just over 2 years and - apart from standard services - the car only needed tyres, rear discs and pads. Not bad for 2 and a bit years given the performance on tap !

In addition to the driving - which was fantastic - the whole ownership experience was great. A big part of this was the information and advice available on this forum which I found to be about the best informed and friendliest of all the forums I have been on over the years. Thanks to all who made it so and hope you continue to enjoy your cars.

I fully expect to be back as an ISF owner again in the future and hope to enjoy it as much as this time.

Cheers,

Gavan

Great to hear another positive owner experience Gavan, hard task to replace the ISF but good luck with your search. Did you sell privately out of interest? Mark.

• Like 1

Thanks for the good wishes folks. I sold the car privately - hadn't advertised it but responded to a 'wanted' ad here in Ireland and sold at the first viewing. Same as others on here, new owner was a pleasure to deal with and I have pointed him towards this site.

I haven't replaced the ISF yet  - have my eye on a couple of things but haven't nailed anything down yet. I am doing pretty small mileage these days so tempted to get a 2 door / 2+2. Looking at something fun like a Porsche or a Clio V6 / Exige or similar. Or at least I am until I get sense  and realise that I need something bigger.

Open to suggestions though......

Gavan

Clio V6! Me like. 

If I was to have a car just for the weekend it would be one of those, some sort of Lotus, an Impreza P1, or a Monaro.

The Clios have shot up to well over £20k now, as have the P1's....wasn't that many years ago both could be had for under £10k 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links