Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Took my GS450H in to Lexus Wolverhampton today for the recall work on the fuel system. I was given a new IS300h as a courtesy car till tomorrow while the work is being done. (pictures below) I was greeted with the customary Lexus excellent service teem, given a nice cup of coffee, and biscuits while the paper work was sorted.

I found the IS300H to be somewhat noisy "mostly road noise" compared with the GS450H, and although perhaps an unfair comparison I did also miss the get up and go of the GS.  The IS did feel much better planted on the road, but at the expence of the cushioned ride of the GS. 

I thought I would like the paddle shift on the steering wheel, but found "perhaps because I have got used to it" I prefer the shift on the gear lever as on the GS.

Unless there is a setting that I have not found to alter this I found although the display screen looks large only a small area of the screen actually is the display. The controls for the display I found to be intuitive without having to refer to the book.

The IS boot space looks much larger than in floor area with perhaps not quite so much height as the GS. 

John.

P_20170405_164800.jpg

P_20170405_164822.jpg

P_20170405_164841_1_p.jpg

Recall work on fuel system?

I agree that IS300h is noisy. When I had one for 24hrs I took it back after 30 miles. Couldn't have a conversation with the wife. (They have resurfaced that bit of M4 now but my old 1998 GS300 was quieter by 5dB.)

John

21 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

Recall work on fuel system?

I agree that IS300h is noisy. When I had one for 24hrs I took it back after 30 miles. Couldn't have a conversation with the wife. (They have resurfaced that bit of M4 now but my old 1998 GS300 was quieter by 5dB.)

John

There is a recall for a possible fuel leak at the fuel pressure regulator on the GS450H. From what I understand the parts do not amount to much, but they take 4 hours to replace. This work is carried out free of charge. You can find if your car is affected on the Lexus web site using you reg or chassis number.

John

I had mine done last year.

I too got the IS loaner and I wasn't impressed either, although the Bluetooth seemed to be better. It connected to my phone and logged my contacts, without me doing anything. Much better than the old GS.

12 minutes ago, AmbroseJohn said:

I had mine done last year.

I too got the IS loaner and I wasn't impressed either, although the Bluetooth seemed to be better. It connected to my phone and logged my contacts, without me doing anything. Much better than the old GS.

I agree the updated electronics is better, but really that is across the range. I am not enamoured with the later look of the front end of the Lexus I realise that is subjective, but that lower lip, and the corners of the brake air intakes look very vulnerable to high kerbs when parking nose into the kerb places.

John

Thanks John.

I tried http://www.toyota.com/recall but that did not recognise my VIN!

I then tried the Lexus site and it used my registration to tell me mine was a 2007 GS 450h - MY06 SE-L and no recalls were applicable.

I then registered it under the My Vehicle and discovered that a "fuel pressure recall" was done in February 2015.

Discovered some other interesting stuff in the service record: all four tyres replaced at 20k miles AND offside front shock absorber replaced at 50k miles. So that replacement only managed 62k miles. Also found an entry called "reconditioning"? Getting ready for resale?

John

On 05/04/2017 at 8:00 PM, Britprius said:

You can find if your car is affected on the Lexus web site using you reg or chassis number.

John

Humm, I thought that, Web says my car needs recall work done and to call or visit to arrange, so went to lexus norwich and they say it's been done, I'm dubious....

35 minutes ago, Upex said:

Humm, I thought that, Web says my car needs recall work done and to call or visit to arrange, so went to lexus norwich and they say it's been done, I'm dubious....

I would contact Lexus on 0845 129 5473 rather than the dealer, or try another dealer a phone call should do. People that I have conversed with that have had the work done there reg no longer shows in the outstanding recalls on the portal. Also check the valve springs have been replaced on an earlier recall.

John

Cheers Jon, will do this, although Web doesn't say what recall is needed, just that work is due, but hopefully a call to lexus will yield better results.

Will wait to see about my rust claim, as dealer was overly hopefully that it'd be honoured, a bit of variance in paint depth so she said it may well have been resprayed previously. If it has, it's a cracking job and the best aftermarket paint work I've ever seen, can't tell at all and it's original bonnet (has the vin mark label).

Overall, not overly impressed so far, but will wait and see what they say.

Cheers,

I collected the car yesterday afternoon "Thursday more coffee, and biscuits", and everything seems fine with the recall work. Car cleaned inside, and out.

I also got a "safety" report stating I needed front, and rear NS shock absorbers replacing at £659-66 each fitted. This was due to something fitted on top of each shock absorber. I asked if they were leaking at that point and they said no, and they then showed me pictures of the seal modifications I fitted to cure the leaks on the OEM seals. 

The price seems to give a labor figure of about £300 each shock for a job I can do with hand tools, and a jack on the floor in 1/2 an hour. No wonder I get a GS300H as a loan car.

John.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britprius said:

I collected the car yesterday afternoon "Thursday more coffee, and biscuits", and everything seems fine with the recall work. Car cleaned inside, and out.

I also got a "safety" report stating I needed front, and rear NS shock absorbers replacing at £659-66 each fitted. This was due to something fitted on top of each shock absorber. I asked if they were leaking at that point and they said no, and they then showed me pictures of the seal modifications I fitted to cure the leaks on the OEM seals. 

The price seems to give a labor figure of about £300 each shock for a job I can do with hand tools, and a jack on the floor in 1/2 an hour. No wonder I get a GS300H as a loan car.

John.

And you thought you'd had free coffee, biscuits and a valet.

• Like 1

Apparently the worlds most expensive coffee has been previously eaten in bean form by Civit cat before being ejected, cleaned and then ground.

This coffee is then marketed as Lexus Reception Area Coffee at a cost of £659.66 per cup :biggrin:

On 07/04/2017 at 2:59 PM, Britprius said:

John.

Dampers working, not leaking but "something fitted on top". 

Safety issue or just short of work?

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links