Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Last night I discovered the My Lexus section of the Lexus website. I keyed in my car - 2007 GS450h-SEL - and discovered under Vehicle Features/Accessories/Audio "iPod integration kit, for radio with DVD-changer".

Now I am old enough to have an iPod (which is not used now) so this would be useful if only I could find it. What should I be looking for and where? A USB outlet or a mini-jack or what?

John

Robert,

Thanks for suggestion. The arm rest box did need a purge but alas I could find no connector. I found another cigar lighter outlet at the back of the box which is more useful for charging with a cigar lighter USB charger than the one in front of the gear knob as there are no trailing wires.

I assume entries under Vehicle Features can only get there if somebody at Lexus enters them. I also assume that it is not a standard feature so it has been added. Allegedly.

I believe the only optional extras I have are the rear window blind and black wood. The grain is just visible. I prefer this to the usual walnut. I don't think I have the rear wheel steering option because I can't find the extra fuse box in the boot.

John

Well, I can't comment specifically on the GS, but on the IS it is in the glovebox.

Interestingly, my car on the portal also says it has the ipod integration kit under accessories, but I am pretty such there is nothing in my glovebox.  Even more surprisingly, it claims my car should have 18" wheels fitted whereas it has the standard 17".

Perhaps the portal has a few glitches? 

Shahpor,

I think you are right about the glitches. Mine is also listed as having a tachometer. I think American models have them but we have the more useful power meter instead.

John

John, my ipod connector is in glove box, the old 40 pin type. The cable can be pushed back into the rear of the glovebox, so perhaps it's been pushed out the way when not in use and thus not overly visible?

Going to look for the my lexus page and see what it says about mine.

Love the sound of your dark wood, would love a less woody look on mine. Walnut grain should be reserved for furnature and shotgun stocks! 

John on mine its covered by a flap next to the power point it also as a 3,5 plug as well

But on my previous 55 gs300 there wasnt one so there was not many options apart from the cassette adapter

this one is overkill

Memory stick,3.5 plug HDD BT CD i use the BT when iam in strange place so i can use the CAMERAELERT app on my Iphone

and music too

you may need to get one of those gizmos Vaisitech that plugs into back of radio giving you BT and Iphone i did think of one when i had gs300 but just used the cassette adapter it did work for me mind

HTH

Robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links