Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to the GS, anything I should know?

Got to Belgium ok, so satnavs ok. Missus wasn't too pleased with Zappa but let her listen to Joe bonamassa so win win! Such a beautiful drive. Love it to bits. Wife's not so bad either! 😀

• Like 1

On 13/04/2017 at 8:07 AM, Ten Ninety said:

Just the one, I think. The other clear glass one is the foglight.

Have been thinking about this and it doesn't make sense. The clear one on the left is definitely the reversing light. It has one bulb and comes on when I reverse. The clear one on the right seems to have three bulbs but doesn't appear to do anything. Can't see why you'd have a clear fog light on the back?

2 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Can't see why you'd have a clear fog light on the back?

Don't know about the new cars, but this can't be, as any rear white light except reverse and number plate lights is illegal. Fog or fogs must be red when on the back

I agree. I just can't understand why the two clear lights on the back are different and only the one on the left hand side works on reverse. What is the right one for?

3 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

I agree. I just can't understand why the two clear lights on the back are different and only the one on the left hand side works on reverse. What is the right one for?

Picture60.png

A picture speaks a thousand words!

Or in this case - a sentence or so :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Mine are white on both sides!

I suspect you might be underestimating the ability of Lexus engineers to disguise the red bulbs under the clear glass. Don't forget, these are the people who invented the original 'Lexus Style Lights' back in the 90s, so they know a thing or two about clear glass lights!

Try switching the fog lights on, then go and have a look around the back of the car. I can't say for certain as I'm too lazy to go do it myself, but I think you'll find that clear light really does magically transform into a red fog light.

13 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Mine are white on both sides!

IMG-20170411-WA0008.jpg

Yep, the LED fog lights (in clear housing) are on the right side and the reversing light is on the left

In other markets they're switched around but yes, the light housing is clear and the bulbs themselves are red for the foglights

Thanks Jay and Rayaan. Just hauled myself away from a Tungri Blonde to have a look and miraculously the clear lens turns red! Mystery solved. However I do think it's a bit tight of Lexus to provide only one reversing light and one foglight on the back of the GS. Am sure my IS had two of each.

2 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Thanks Jay and Rayaan. Just hauled myself away from a Tungri Blonde to have a look and miraculously the clear lens turns red! Mystery solved. However I do think it's a bit tight of Lexus to provide only one reversing light and one foglight on the back of the GS. Am sure my IS had two of each.

I think Lexus are generally moving away from fog lights. I assume they've only put them in because they have to!

They're certainly removing them from the front in newer models though.

My wife's IS also has 1 fog light and 1 reversing light

On 17/04/2017 at 6:39 AM, Ten Ninety said:

I suspect you might be underestimating the ability of Lexus engineers to disguise the red bulbs under the clear glass.

The reversing light is a filament bulb the fog light is an LED.

The side of each varies on right or left hand drive. USA spec has two reversing lights as fog lights are not required to be fitted.

I was tempted to fit a new cluster on one side to gain another reversing light and move the fogs to the reflectors.Conversions are available.

Not sure it is worth the effort & expense though!!

Ed:winkiss:

Thanks Ed, not sure I could be bothered with that as when I'm enjoying the comfort of the seats I can't see my rear! However, as much as I'm enjoying the GS experience I'm struggling to get the dab radio to work. All I'm getting is "no signal". Is there anything I need to do?

I had same when i got mine could hardly get anything on at all and was very upset all this for DAB and it wouldnt work

But i just did the retune and violla all stations working am really pleased with it

It may have been tuned for a different area

HTH

Robert

Alan

First have you got the DAB Module installed

As mine is a 2010 it may be different on mine i put it into Tune mode then Update

and away it goes but you wont know what stations you hav and on mine  till i turn the File/Tune Knob  on the radio then I can put each station onto the Station list i have also got it set to auto tune in case it needs to retune

but as you have a later model yours may be different so a vist to dealer maybe your best bet unless someone can chip in

Along Display I Have PTY TEXT UPDATE on right side Tune TimeShift and another which i cant recall and of course the  6 presets

Robert

On 20/04/2017 at 10:34 PM, Ala Larj said:

All I'm getting is "no signal". Is there anything I need to do?

It probably needs a scan. Its in the setup menu have a play or google the manual. My GS  had a quick start paper manual and a full one on a CD. it was in the glove box.

:yes:.

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links