Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F Exhaust tips

Hi,

I lost the lower passenger side exhaust tip (sigh).

Anyone know the cheapest way to get a replacement? The part alone from Lexus is £400 without fitting.

Thanks.

They can be tweaked to fit either side. I lost one on my old car and sourced a replacement from a fellow member. It was for the wrong side but my mechanic managed to get it to fit right with a bit of help from some power tools.  

• Like 1

Very nearly lost mine the other day, only noticed how loose it was when washing the car and it came off in my hand!! Tied on with a bit of wire until I get round to sorting it properly.

hope you get it sorted!

I just cannot believe how much they are charging for these tips, £400 for a piece of stainless 75mm long, absolute rip off, this is why I had a custom made rear section made, the whole thing only cost me £500 fitted, and it sounds a whole lot better than standard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark G said:

I just cannot believe how much they are charging for these tips, £400 for a piece of stainless 75mm long, absolute rip off, this is why I had a custom made rear section made, the whole thing only cost me £500 fitted, and it sounds a whole lot better than standard.

I accept that there are probably insufficient numbers of cars or members that would see it as cost effective, but it would not be that expensive for a fabricator to 'batch' supply a smallish number run of them.

There are some talented ones out there, had some done for a previous car once because of stupid stealer prices.

Big Rat

52 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I accept that there are probably insufficient numbers of cars or members that would see it as cost effective, but it would not be that expensive for a fabricator to 'batch' supply a smallish number run of them.

There are some talented ones out there, had some done for a previous car once because of stupid stealer prices.

Big Rat

My father in law is a metal fabricator and a good one, maybe I should approach him about knocking up some spairs.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

My father in law is a metal fabricator and a good one, maybe I should approach him about knocking up some spairs.  

@emjay82 Got to be worth exploring, but no more than 212 sets...... for obvious reasons 🤓

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

Do you have any photos of your custom setup Mark? Thinking of doing the same at some point so looking at options!

1 hour ago, Stazza80 said:

Do you have any photos of your custom setup Mark? Thinking of doing the same at some point so looking at options!

If you click on my profile photo Ben you will see I have tailpipes identical to the GS-F, I had them first!!!!!!!!! other than that I don't have any photos, I will take a couple from underneath the car and if they turn out ok I will post them up on here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Probably a bit cheaper but check any import duties...

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/232293856731

Sorry @giorgoXXI just seen these are drivers side, but add says 
IF YOU WANT THE PASSENGER SIDE WE HAVE THAT FOR SALE AS WELL

Thanks, had a look, but with shipping, duty and VAT is still quite pricey.

12 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

In another thread, someone is breaking a blue accident damaged one, may be worth looking there

Emailed them to ask how much they would cost, although not sure in what condition they would be given the state of the car!

The other option I am toying with is ordering from amazon Japan. The part itself is only £125, a parcel forwarder would charge £40 to send it to the UK, and roughly another £30 on fees.

2 minutes ago, Stazza80 said:

Try this website

https://www.megazip.net/

I ordered a piece of door trim and it arrived within a week from Japan. Not sure how much the exhaust tips are though.

Thanks, the part (52107-53012) is £250 without duty and VAT, so the amazon option still looks the cheapest.

11 hours ago, emjay82 said:

I was thinking 210 sets and 2 for those who want the Rusty upgrade.....

Screenshot_20170407-100055.png.0b6b735efe927668b07ac6f947ccc1d9.png

Ok. That's it!  Can we please stop the Rusty bashing!!!!?

@Rusty Crobar, if anyone mentions your extra large cannons, please let me know and I'll give them a loud ticking off!

• Like 1

If I'd known there was a requirement for IS-F exhaust tips, I would have nicked some from Kemble today. There were two IS-Fs (and a lovely IS-300h) parked up.

Come to think of it, one of the IS-Fs had chav-exhausts!

@Mark G @Big Rat

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

If I'd known there was a requirement for IS-F exhaust tips, I would have nicked some from Kemble today. There were two IS-Fs (and a lovely IS-300h) parked up.

Come to think of it, one of the IS-Fs had chav-exhausts!

@Mark G @Big Rat

That 9 volt Battery you were driving was very nice, notice the complete lack of drama, whereas the blue one, well the sound on its own was enough..............

Just now, Mark G said:

That 9 volt battery you were driving was very nice, notice the complete lack of drama, whereas the blue one, well the sound on its own was enough..............

Only reason your F was 'marginally' faster than my H was because - 

a) I Had the air con on

b) I was charging Rat's walkie talkie

c) Rat is hardly Nicky Grist and you know the roads better than I

d) I was towing a caravan at the time

e) I didn't want to embarrass you

f) I was in EV mode (saving trees, fluffy animals and the planet in general)

As for sound of the blue thing, I thought that was my stomach grumbling having been deprived of the promised double ham egg n chips

• Like 1

I have no reply to this, I am beaten...............your car has aircon????????? Ham egg and chips??????? you should have said...........goodnight

• Like 1

Well well well now as unaccustomed as I am to spreading rumour and story telling I must say just a few things about today.... right here we go

. @Flytvr  was driving a GsF loan car not as he would have you believe a Is300

. No cake passed my lips none not once, all Guinness drinkers are truthfull

. @Mark G Was being nice, he even brought presents for us all, one of us had better mention this.

. Large amounts of cash did not pass across the table into @Flytvr pocket for small white boxes he was selling.

. Dispite all this I love them both 😍 😂😂😂

🐀

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, giorgoXXI said:

Thanks, the part (52107-53012) is £250 without duty and VAT, so the Amazon option still looks the cheapest.

It's coming from Japan though. I didn't pay any extra charges from what was stated from my original order. Your part is £220 with their discount code GENUINESALE

4 minutes ago, Stazza80 said:

It's coming from Japan though. I didn't pay any extra charges from what was stated from my original order. Your part is £220 with their discount code GENUINESALE

Ah forgot the code, great thanks! So did it slip through customs and you didn't have to pay any duty or VAT?