Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So I'm driving to work or rather stuck in very slow moving traffic in my lane still when a Bmw flies up from the outside lane and try's to ram in front of me. In front of me with half a car at most as a gap, what he was actually doing was to ram me out of his way as there clearly wasn't a space big enough for him to move in front safely. On top of that he come from knowhere with no indicators. My gut reaction was to swerve away but continue on my current path. This clearly didn't sit well with said BMW driver who now at the side of me started hurling profanity and spitting all over my car. I would also add that he was a rather big chap and quite violent looking so I certainly had no intention to antagonise the situation further.

however, the driver continued for about half a mile shouting abuse and at one point when the traffic was stationary got out his car and was trying to pick a fight.

I ignored him and after and he got back in his car after spitting over my car a bit more he attempted to ram my car two further times before I was able to turn off the main road.

im not ntirely sure how I stirred the devil himself but it was a very unerving experience I dont wish to experience any time soon.

just to add salt to the wound I have a dash cam which on this occasion never recorded as the sd card had popped out and as I thought the reg of the other driver would be on video I never took it down.

so bottom line, I can't even get the police to track the man down.

on the plus side, neither my self or the car had any damage other than the the need for a car wash and a strong coffee when I got to work.

carl

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Verbout said:

Pepper spray, look on YouTube how to make it.

Believe me when I say this Neanderthal probably sprayed that stuff on as deodorant. 

• Like 1

Leave the fools to it. No point escalating. There are all sorts of nutters out there carrying goodness knows what. It's very easy to get the red mist so good on you for staying calm. Unfortunately this kind of sh*t is starting to happen way too often now. Just remember to keep your doors locked (if not done so automatically).

Glad you're OK though mate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Leave the fools to it. No point escalating. There are all sorts of nutters out there carrying goodness knows what. It's very easy to get the red mist so good on you for staying calm. Unfortunately this kind of sh*t is starting to happen way too often now. Just remember to keep your doors locked (if not done so automatically).

Glad you're OK though mate. 

Yep, doors on auto lock. Sadly I agree that the standard of driving and the aggression is getting worse. I'm pretty good normally for letting people in gaps and so forth but I guess sooner or later you get one like this.

Lucky you got away Carl , could have ended badly. ( and lucky you were alone in the car no wife or kids). Unfortunately it seems we have to accept that these low life criminals exist, better to stand above them and completely ignore. Never react to their primal behavior and utterly useless as sooner or later they will end up in jail anyhow.

Same happened to me some years ago when a brandnew black S-class with 4  "gentlemen " inside cutting me off as if i wasn't there. My wife wanted to hit the horn and tell them off not really reading the situation as they had mafia written all over them. Could barely hold my wife back but turned into an argument lasting days.....

Best to turn up the ML system and play some classical music i guess.

• Like 3

That's one thing I'll say since buying a Lexus - it's such a calm, relaxed cabin that I just can't even get angry any more. 

TBF I think the indicators are optional on most beemers anyway!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jaystar77 said:

That's one thing I'll say since buying a Lexus - it's such a calm, relaxed cabin that I just can't even get angry any more. 

TBF I think the indicators are optional on most beemers anyway!

Audis are the new BMWs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C Mclean said:

Blowing them a kiss usually increases their blood pressure in the hope that some artery will pop..

Lol, this guy was literally shaking with rage anyway. 

My main worry is driving an RX isn't exactly discreet which makes me a bit of a target for a repeat attack if he frequents the same route to work as me each day.  I think I'll take the GS for a couple of weeks, maybe I will see him and take his number plate for the police to have a polite word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

can't you find him on police CCTV?

Apparently they looked but said there was only one camera and he wasn't on it. Camera in wrong place. Always the way when you want the evidence. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is unfortunate that you were unable to record / capture the offender's registration, or that road cameras did not pick up the incident. It is always worth reporting such incidents on the basis that if that guy did this to you, it is likely that he has done it to someone else also.

I agreed that you did the right thing by not responding to his threats: doing so would only have made the matter worse, and there is indeed the possibility that he was under the influence of something... he may also have decided to follow you.

Something similar happen to me once (the guy got out of his car and was banging on my window). The only thing I could think of doing at the time was to very obviously dial 999 and ask the for the police to remain on the line until the guy disappeared. The poilice told me then that they would search their database for similar incidents involving the driver and get in touch with him if they thought it appropriate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DanD said:

It is unfortunate that you were unable to record / capture the offender's registration, or that road cameras did not pick up the incident. It is always worth reporting such incidents on the basis that if that guy did this to you, it is likely that he has done it to someone else also.

I agreed that you did the right thing by not responding to his threats: doing so would only have made the matter worse, and there is indeed the possibility that he was under the influence of something... he may also have decided to follow you.

Something similar happen to me once (the guy got out of his car and was banging on my window). The only thing I could think of doing at the time was to very obviously dial 999 and ask the for the police to remain on the line until the guy disappeared. The poilice told me then that they would search their database for similar incidents involving the driver and get in touch with him if they thought it appropriate.

It turned out the micro sd card in my dash cam was faulty hence it had stopped recording. Replaced the card and it's fine now. Just very unfortunate as all that would have gone to the police and he would have been at very least cautioned and notes on record. This time he got away with it. That said I'm still keeping an eye out for him as if I see him again I will still be passing on he registration as they can still follow it up as I reported it on the day.

hopefully it never happens again.

• Like 1

All that happened to me over a year ago.  Luckily for me, i have front and rear dash cams with sound.  Long story short, i produced the footage to police, the guy got banned for a year, 4 week suspended prison sentence and £400 fine.

So chuffed i have my dash cams and well worth the money.

• Like 2

To those of you who have dash cams fitted.  Mine are hard wired in and turn on/off automatically.  When i had my first set which had sd cards, every so often i would pop them out and view some footage, this ensured they were working properly.

The dash cams i have now have built in memory, but even still, i occasionally view footage that's been recorded, just for piece of mind.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links