Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yellow Headlamps

My headlamps have developed a very distinctive yellow tint.

Any of you had any experience fixing this yourselves? Do I need to take it to a car detailer for polishing?

I've seen loads of videos involving cleaning them with toothpaste but not sure to believe them!

15 hours ago, mike m said:

Ive used the meguiars plastic x stuff successfully on some of my previous cars but the really bad ones like the mother in laws clio i used farrecla G3 compund then the plastic x. 

Thanks, bought the Meguiars PlastX and it did a good job (see pictures below before and after).

Doesn't return them to showroom condition (I guess for that it needs heavy duty polishing), but its good enough for now and much better than it was before.

I've read though we should apply a UV coating on the headlamps otherwise the problem will just keep re-occurring. Any suggestions?

IMAG0767.jpg

IMAG0769.jpg

IMAG0768.jpg

IMAG0771.jpg

• Like 8

I find that once I've put the effort in to get it clear and shiny again it's easier to keep on top of it with less effort.  Makes a huge difference to the look. Well done!

• Like 1