Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Chaps, I've only had my RX for a few months and the Bridgestone Dueller tyres are exhibiting slight feathering on the outer edge. I had my tracking carried out by Kwik Fit, I paid for 5 checks in two years and they said they were bang on. Anyone else experienced this pattern of tyre wear. 

There is an alignment guy in Edinburgh, Wm Middlemas who did my sportcross, he was a real Wizard. Think I'll book an alignment check with him.

• Like 1

Possibly, as car is new to me, and quite different from previous car, I'm not 100% positive. The guy at CLCM is a wizard and I would trust him for sure. I'll let you know.

Edward, unfortunately CLCM is under new ownership these days so Wullie won't be the one to align your car if you take it there. A couple of Eastern European guys own the business now.

I believe he trained the incoming new guys for a while before he sold up, but the word is they don't carry out alignments to the same standard as before.

Sorry to hear that, he was excellent. Oh well, I shall keep my ear to the ground. Thanks for that.

Nice to see a fellow Scot on the forum, felt rather lonely...

6 hours ago, Silversalmon said:

Hello Chaps, I've only had my RX for a few months and the Bridgestone Dueller tyres are exhibiting slight feathering on the outer edge. I had my tracking carried out by Kwik Fit, I paid for 5 checks in two years and they said they were bang on. Anyone else experienced this pattern of tyre wear. 

There is an alignment guy in Edinburgh, Wm Middlemas who did my sportcross, he was a real Wizard. Think I'll book an alignment check with him.

Essentially shows that the alignment wasn't done properly. 

Mine has no edge wear whatsoever and its 5 years old - also never had an alignment done (never needed to)

Ask if they have the Hunter Pro alignment system in their place yet?

Kwikfit are on a roll out of these systems which are considered some of the best in the industry over the traditional tracking systems.

However it often is down to the skill of the operator more than the tools.

A "proper" alignment centre, that is, one that doesn't just generalise in a few things like exhausts and MOT's too (re kwikfit) but specifically focus on proper alignment as their main speciality and via ideally using a hunter pro system is where I'd be going personally (and I plan to soon as mine is tugging to the left a bit)

Try this - they only list approved hunter Alignment centres.

https://www.alignmycar.co.uk

Cheers