Hi I've read through a post on this site from years ago and didn't get the information i was looking for. 

I have a 2016 Lexus IS300H Executive edition with satnav. 

I am trying to get mirror link to work, i have a comparable samsung model. Ive plugged the phone in and my phone screen says connected to mirror link device. The screen in the car does not have the option highlighted to start mirror link. 

Is it possible to resolve this somehow? or why its not working? 

Thanks this is my first post!

I think you will require some additional 3rd party adapters before mirror link could work. If you check the US forums am sure you will see related discussions on the topic. 

I found this link for Iphone users, 

very similar process but this is just for iPhones .

On 08/04/2017 at 4:08 PM, dave85iow said:

Hi I've read through a post on this site from years ago and didn't get the information i was looking for. 

I have a 2016 Lexus IS300H Executive edition with satnav. 

I am trying to get mirror link to work, i have a comparable samsung model. Ive plugged the phone in and my phone screen says connected to mirror link device. The screen in the car does not have the option highlighted to start mirror link. 

Is it possible to resolve this somehow? or why its not working? 

Thanks this is my first post!

AFAIK Mirrorlink isn't availabe in the US (even though the button exists but is always greyed out) so they have to bypass it by other means

I did get it to work on my wife's IS once. From memory, I turned the mirrorlink on on the phone first and then the button lit up

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sannyp
      Hello,

So I recently got into a little accident with my is200 manual and now need a new rear hub, and maybe other parts although unsure what yet. Question is will parts from a is200 auto suffice. So I wanted this post to outline the differences.
      I know the differential is different with a higher ratio i believe, and obviously the tranny. But is there anything else?
      I have a guy ready to sell me a bunch of parts from an auto is200, but I'm sceptical with mine being a manual

thanks
    • By Thackeray
      For a long time I’ve been puzzled by the Which? magazine review of the IS 300h. In their initial report they made it a Best Buy but a few months later downgraded it. Its website version of the review currently says: “Best Buy award removed. It's a very good car, but we found the Lexus IS emits so much CO (carbon monoxide) in our tests, that it would fail to meet any EU emissions limits set this century. As such, we cannot possibly recommend it.”
      Despite this negative review, there were lots of things I liked about the car, plus some ratings that sounded impressive:
      Best in class for 2013 NCAP safety World’s most efficient production petrol engine when launched, at 38.5%. (It was overtaken by a Honda six months later.) Routinely at top of reliability ratings. I was also doubtful about the Which? mpg figures. Their claim of 97 mpg around town was obviously nonsense and the motorway figure of 34 mpg looked doubtful too. They say their tests are performed in a laboratory but they don’t give enough detail to tell how they get to these extreme figures. I thought if the carbon monoxide figures are based on the same testing, they’re just as likely to be wrong. So I went ahead and bought an IS300h.
      I’ve searched in the past for some other independent CO test reports and couldn’t find any. Until today.
      But first, what is Which? claiming? They say it wouldn’t meet EU carbon monoxide emission limits set this century. I take this to mean Euro 4 in January 2005. (There was Euro 3 in January 2000 but that was the last year of last century.) The limit for petrol cars under Euro 4 is 1 gram per kilometre (g/km) of CO.  So they’re saying the IS300h emits more than 1 g/km.
      For a long time I had no way of knowing if that was true or not. But at last I’ve found a website that shows real-world emissions test results. It’s called EQUA Index and they test cars by driving them around real roads monitoring the emissions from the exhaust pipe on a three and a half hour run. They give the IS300h their top rating of A++. This represents a band from zero to 0.125 g/km of carbon monoxide. (Their result is for the 2017 model but I don’t think there are any significant differences to the engine from the 2013 model. Please correct me if I’m wrong.)
      By contrast, Which? says CO emissions are more than eight times this figure. 
      I know nothing about EQUA; I’ve only just come across it. But I’m more inclined to believe that real-world testing on roads will give a more accurate figure than a short test in a laboratory.
    • By Oldfatty
      Hello
      The ear-splitting factory alarm on my 1998 LS400 has been going off inappropriately for a few months now.  This usually happen just as I lock it, but not exclusively, or when I switch the engine off.  It does not immobilise the vehicle (can be driven with the alarm still sounding) and can only be stopped by unplugging the Battery.  So far I have dialled down the proximity sensor underneath the centre armrest and changed the batteries in the fobs.
      Since the alarm doesn't have any noticeable effect other than deafening me, my next move will probably be to find the siren and unplug it.  I don't think the vehicle Battery is the problem as it's relatively new and doesn't have any issues.
      Any advice would be much appreciated.
      Thanks

• By David Cowling
      I have just bought the CT200h Executive 2016 with built in Sat Nav and reversing camera and I also subscribe to Pocketworld GPS for Safety Camera updates which can be downloaded in many formats including Tom Tom OV2.
      Is there any way of updating speed camera location - The link shows an image of the Map Data which may or may not be helpful   https://photos.app.goo.gl/NKcaHnD3VhYJ6Wpw1
      I also thought the Sat Nav software was on a Micro SD Card but as yet have not managed to find a slot - any ideas ?
      Any help would be appreciated and ease the frustration.