Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Currently considering a 65 plate model as my first Lexus after driving diesel since 94

What are current known issues with the car?

Have there been any recalls?

Sales says he's seen similar Lexus hybrid models with over 200K on the clock

Drove one yesterday ad on the test run it returned 47 mpg. I didn't hammer it but drove as I normally drive. So mpg maybe up there with my Passat for general driving. 

I use the car to travel to and from work which is 7 miles away. The car is 6 month old with 3500 miles on it. The dash reads between 38-40 mpg, but using real world calculations I've been averaging 34.1 mpg.

I am currently getting about 45 mpg on the dash. Using normal mode and a 7 mile commute that takes about 30 minutes. Usually sitting in traffic for 10 minutes to start.

Mpg varies with driving style and temperature. It can be 10 mpg lower in the winter as you need the engine in to warm up the car etc.

In the summer when I was doing an hour drive down the A51 I was getting 65 mpg on the dash. Mpg will drop significantly on motorways especially if you are doing 80+ mph. It's best around town or on A roads.

Car is 18 months old with 18000 on the clock. Lifetime average is about 55 mpg.

But it's best to forget about mpg and just enjoy the car.

55 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

I am currently getting about 45 mpg on the dash. Using normal mode and a 7 mile commute that takes about 30 minutes. Usually sitting in traffic for 10 minutes to start.

Mpg varies with driving style and temperature. It can be 10 mpg lower in the winter as you need the engine in to warm up the car etc.

In the summer when I was doing an hour drive down the A51 I was getting 65 mpg on the dash. Mpg will drop significantly on motorways especially if you are doing 80+ mph. It's best around town or on A roads.

Car is 18 months old with 18000 on the clock. Lifetime average is about 55 mpg.

But it's best to forget about mpg and just enjoy the car.

Thanks. Some good info in this post.

Won't be doing 80+ in this country though

It's been said many times, the biggest cost to consider is the cost of depreciation. As a 65 plate, you'll lose far more to depreciation than you will to any increased fuel costs over the next three years, perhaps beyond.

If you've come from a Passat, you'll have far less headaches with Lexus reliability. Lower repair costs, less wasted time from breakdowns. Time is a cost.

As has been said, just enjoy the car! Only if you're doing frequent long distance motorway miles might you consider looking at something else.

There is only one recall for these cars that we are aware of and that is for some potential corrosion under the rear wheel arches. They check clean and apply more underseal if needed. 

They are very nice cars to drive. I drove all the way from Essex to Derby yesterday and averaged 40MPG (displayed) there and 43MPG on the way back, and i'm not exactly hanging around.

2 years old end of next month, fuel trip never reset so that's over the 9430. Maybe 5 or 6 Bristol to Swindon runs otherwise all town short journey journeys. I had several of the previous V6 models and while that is a beutifull engine the hybrid halved my fuel bill although I would have to keep it until I am 100 to see those savings. Just doing my little bit for the planet.

IMG_2445.JPG

I've had my 2015 IS300h for just 7 weeks, and the dash is showing 44mpg, mainly an 8 mile commute with some stop-start.  I did reset the trip when I picked it up and on the 50 mile journey back up the motorway, it showed 58mpg running at 70 on cruise control.  It does seem to like the 60-70mph for economy.

Had my last car from new in 2009, Honda CRV diesel, and it was a nice car,but this Lexus is making the Honda look a bit agricultural, and the Honda diesel engine is quieter than others I've had ie Skoda (VW) and Ford.

Hopefully mileage on these hybrids should be okay, I'm hearing about Prius's being used as taxis with 200-250k miles going strong.

I've mentioned in another post that my favourite car that I have owned was my Saab 9-5 Aero Auto, this Lexus is potentially going to become my favourite, need a little more time to decide on that though.

Vince

Issues seem to be few and far between. 

Mostly to do with the infotainment system but being a 65 plate, they should have sorted most things 

Mileage isn't a problem - it should get to 200k with minimal fuss - might have worn rubber components but nothing unusual.

What issues were there with older systems, rayaans? Are we talking failures of them? I've a 2013 and am wondering what may present itself later on!

2 minutes ago, matt8 said:

What issues were there with older systems, rayaans? Are we talking failures of them? I've a 2013 and am wondering what may present itself later on!

Early cars had infotainment issues - not failures as such but would turn off, do funny things, get stuck etc. 

Essentially, if its not done anything odd yet then A) its not going to or B) software update has been done and cured it. 

• Like 1

Hi all - first post! I've had my MY2017 for almost 2 weeks and now and I'm getting ~45mpg from the first tank...

I've got a 1/4 tank to go and it's done ~450 miles so far so it's already bettering the Mazda 6 Sprts Tourer that I've come from...

Personally, I didn't get the car for fuel consumption but for the refinement, equipment and build quality. I'm so impressed with it so far I really can't recommend them enough ( I have the face lifted model, executive edition and I think updates really lifts it, especially the updated allows which are gun metal, LED headlights and safety system)

Only had the car 10 days and 500 miles. The dash shows an average of 57.8 MPG since the last fill up done by the dealer. My last trip over 150 miles to Leyburn and back to Scarborough showed 64.8 MPG.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links