Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there,

Ive been told by a garage that on the GS300 (2005) that the whole system needs to be replaced as the gs cannot be replaced rear, mid etc. Doesnt sound right to me?

Is this true?

If so where can i get one at a good price?
Thanks

The factory exhaust is a single piece for the two back boxes and the "Y" piece that joins them. I did think here was still a front section as well though.

Looks like a 2 piece system, rear section should be around the £600.00 mark, front is over £1200.00 as the cats are included in that section.

I would give Lexus Birmingham a call for a price or look into getting a custom made stainless steel system made for around £350.00 for the rear section.

thank you guys, i think a custom one then. are they just as silent as an oem one? Do you have any recommended places for custom? im from cambridgshire

by the way why did you suggest lexus birmingham? are they much cheaper than other lexus places?

1 hour ago, boopolo said:

i see. dealer wants over £1000 and i cannot find any other supplier.

Can anyone point me to where i can get it cheaper?

gs300 mk3

Thanks

If you give us an idea of the area you live we may be able to point you in the direction of a near by exhaust builder.

John

• Like 1

If it were me, I'd be heading to longlife in Ipswich.

Longlife Ipswich (Centre of Excellence)

Address:
Unit 14 Lewis Farm
Stonham Aspal
IP14 6AU

Telephone 01473 200414

Never used them in ipswich, but used to work (high end audio visual custom builds - former life) next to the Cardiff branch and they were excellent. Great products and production, very good prices and service. I took many cars there for customers exhaust install once done the av installs.

You can pick bore, pipes, even sound and volume you want, will depend on car space and existing pipework that your not replacing of course. All stainless and solid. Can't be wrong.

These people in Leeds seem to get decent enough feedback. Not especially close, but not bad for a day trip

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172612358809

p.s. You an specify the sound level and and end tips to your choice 

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

2 hours ago, boopolo said:

thank you guys, i think a custom one then. are they just as silent as an oem one? Do you have any recommended places for custom? im from cambridgshire

by the way why did you suggest lexus birmingham? are they much cheaper than other lexus places?

Lexus Birmingham sell discounted parts on eBay and seem quite approachable with offers for parts.

Not sure what you need but there is a good selection of custom made sellers on eBay, I just typed in "Lexus GS300 exhaust" 

Sod's law but there are aftermarket rear boxes available for the earlier model.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Rear-Silencer-Muffler-LEXUS-GS-300-430-PAIR-L-R-Black-Sport-Tuning-/112143312095?hash=item1a1c4324df:g:ua4AAOSwTA9X4Y~v

Thanks all,

Im after oem if poss but over a grand seems a bit much, maybe next best option is a custom one then to be close to stock as poss.

Will try longlife and call birmingham i think

Im worried if i get some aftermarket one from eBay, i wont know the quality and the sound. 

Thank you

Ps. by the way where does everyone get their parts from? I would ideally want oem but happy to go something aftermarket but guaranteed quality. Someone who makes parts close to stock but lower prices.  I know a lot of other car brands have such parts but nothing for lexus gs? As i am also looking for a passenger side headlight unit but cannot find anything except from dealer

On 9 April 2017 at 7:35 PM, TigerFish said:

These people in Leeds seem to get decent enough feedback. Not especially close, but not bad for a day trip

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172612358809

p.s. You an specify the sound level and and end tips to your choice 

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

I can vouch for Tony Banks in Leeds, my full system for the 430 is excellent. It,s as loud or as quiet as you want. I chose OEM sound. I've also heard LL in Northampton are ok. Hth.

• Like 1

Looking good Farqui.

I'll give tony banks a call as well then. Lifelong still hasnt replied for days. :ohmy: Just saw they in Leeds!

I want completely stock look and sound. by the way how do they control the sound to make it oem? Is it genuinely oem sound or will be a little different?

• Like 1

Thanks. Mine was an OEM like setup and it does have a bit more noise. The noise isn't intrusive and I can now find the sweet spot easier whilst cruising. Keep in mind that the OEM zoorst was almost silent.

The new pipes are carbing up a bit now so the noise is reducing, a bit.

18 minutes ago, olumite said:

@Farqui Did you get free-flow or chambered muffler boxes?

Good question Olu, I left that up to them and just said keep it like OEM.

Their website says free flow http://www.tonybanks.co.uk/exhausts.html.

They'll do whatever you want, are fully s/s, offer a lifetime warranty and are cheaper than OEM.  

The engine does feel a little sprightlier and when the engine switches back on it seems to pick up quicker.

Which might all be a placebo affect to make my wallet feel better :blink:

• Like 1

I've used Tony Banks to replace the cat back exhaust system on a manual MK3 petrol RAV4. It was Free flow. Was on the RAV4 for 3yrs.

Aside from the drone, the most noticeable difference from OEM was the loss of power/torque at low revs due to insufficient back pressure. In that time I've gone from doing 25k motorway miles a year to less than 5k. The lack of torque made driving the RAV4 more work than it should be, changing gears too frequently just to make progress.

The benefits of the free flow exhaust could only be felt at the top end of the power band, which on my car is around 4600 rpm (over 6000 rpm on a GS300?). Problem is that my commute now consists of 7 miles of stop-start traffic each way. The chances that I'm able get up to 4600 rpm are slim to none.

I went back to Tony Banks and had the free flow mufflers replaced with chambered ones. Drone is reduced and low rpm torque has returned. 

None of the above is likely to apply if you have a 450H but it may be relevant to the electric motor-less 300 or 430.

• Like 2

Im a little confused now.

Lifelong wanted something like £830 for the rear section. Front section need to check the car before quoting.
Lexus wanted about £600 for rear and over £1000 for front. Plus tips, some joints and rubber etc, almost £2000.

Waiting on TonyBanks.

Thought it was going to be straightforward. I think i need to take to another garage to see what really is needed.

It was about two years ago, but iirc a full system, including cats, was about 840 sqideroonies. That was with the best ss which carries a lifetime transferable guarantee.

Hth.

ETA: Tony Banks of course.

14 minutes ago, boopolo said:

Hey Farqui,

What section or parts  did you get and price if thats ok to share?

I had the rear and middle sections replaced (incl'g cats), I'll PM you the cost.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links