Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning Team LOC.

Plenty of threads on this but I just came across something that excited me a little and thought it may help our small community. I replaced my brakes all round some time ago and recall the trauma of finding original Brambo front discs (or discs at all for that matter) for the ISF. Well I just ordered another two sets of discs for my race car for the upcoming season and randomly thought i would take a punt and see if they made discs for the ISF. Result result they do! I can recommend these chaps and endorse the quality of their discs having proven them in racing for at least 3 seasons. For info my race discs exceed 800 deg C, never had a warp, crack or any concern with them so for the relatively sedate road puposes you cant go wrong.

Anyway link and screen shot. When the time comes I know where I'll be heading.

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/lexus/is-f-08-13/is-f-5-0-02-08-12-13.html

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, DT_Racing said:

Morning Team LOC.

Plenty of threads on this but I just came across something that excited me a little and thought it may help our small community. I replaced my brakes all round some time ago and recall the trauma of finding original Brambo front discs (or discs at all for that matter) for the ISF. Well I just ordered another two sets of discs for my race car for the upcoming season and randomly thought i would take a punt and see if they made discs for the ISF. Result result they do! I can recommend these chaps and endorse the quality of their discs having proven them in racing for at least 3 seasons. For info my race discs exceed 800 deg C, never had a warp, crack or any concern with them so for the relatively sedate road puposes you cant go wrong.

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/lexus/is-f-08-13/is-f-5-0-02-08-12-13.html

Thanks for this info Dave, good to have a recommendation for when the time comes. 👍 

10 hours ago, DT_Racing said:

Morning Team LOC.

Used them on my 335i and my old Nissan 350Z.

Not got a bad word to say about them.

Didn't realise they did them for the ISF :-)

On 10/04/2017 at 1:11 PM, Pecker said:

Thanks for sharing. Out of interest, I presume the protective black, silver or gold coatings you can get on these discs would wear off after some use? :cool:

Yeah, where the brake pads touch, it'll rub off. All other areas will remain the colour you selected :-)

• Like 2

On 10/04/2017 at 11:28 AM, DT_Racing said:

Morning Team LOC.

Useful info, thanks.  Shame they don't do front pads too.

What's the racecar?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, mrfunex said:

Yeah, where the brake pads touch, it'll rub off. All other areas will remain the colour you selected :-)

Ok, full set of 4 Mtec drilled discs being fitted next week c/w brembo pads - hopefully an improvement over the current Stoptech setup. If anyone wants some feedback then please shout.

Getting a remap and K&N Typhoon induction kit at the same time so should be good :wink:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pecker said:

...Getting a remap...

Have you bought one of the RR-Racing OBD remap devices then? Would love to know what kind of difference it makes! Looking forward to a review! :biggrin:

57 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

Have you bought one of the RR-Racing OBD remap devices then? Would love to know what kind of difference it makes! Looking forward to a review! :biggrin:

No, I'm going for 1 of these as I've had outstanding results on my last 2. This ISF map looks a bit tamer being a naturally aspirated V8 (compared to my previous turbo's). The RR Racing map does look outstanding however, I'm leaving this until I brave the RR Racing supercharger kit in a few months :cool:

http://www.eliteremaps.com/tuning/lexus/is/2005-2013/f-50-v8-power-423

• Like 1

What's the crack with this then?  A UK company that can genuinely remap or is it a piggyback style thing?  Will they have car on dyno? 

I was always under the impression RR tuning were the only available maps?

Yes, local tuner (RA Motorsport in Perth) can map the car using Elite's tune. They have a new dyno facility so I'll upload the results next week hopefully. You can put the original map back on the car if required, later on.

They've just mapped the wife's Mini to stage 1 and dyno'd it at 259.6 bhp which is fairly impressive (stage 2 next week hopefully).

Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

Just had the mtec discs fitted c/w brembo pads and whilst they've yet to bed in properly, they feel far better than the previous Stoptech variety. Demon Tweeks had the K&N Typhoon kit on offer so couldn't resist that as well. Oh, and a custom remap done :cool:

Overall, the car pulls way better, with improved throttle response right from 2000 rpm (never mind the noise) - a few well recommended wee mods.

IMG_20170504_163843.jpg

IMG_20170504_163927.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pecker said:

Just had the mtec discs fitted c/w brembo pads and whilst they've yet to bed in properly, they feel far better than the previous Stoptech variety. Demon Tweeks had the K&N Typhoon kit on offer so couldn't resist that as well. Oh, and a custom remap done :cool:

Overall, the car pulls way better, with improved throttle response right from 2000 rpm (never mind the noise) - a few well recommended wee mods.

IMG_20170504_163843.jpg

IMG_20170504_163927.jpg

Looking good! Can we have a few more pics of those calipers please? Thinking of having mine done as they're flaking and was thinking blue to make them stand out a bit and go with the blue of the 'F'!

• Like 1

On Fri May 05 2017 at 7:25 AM, Pecker said:

IMG_20170504_163843.jpg

IMG_20170504_163927.jpg

How did the remap go?  Did you get the numbers you were expecting?  I live in the borders so your tuner is a probably my nearest, best option

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:55 AM, Jgtcracer said:

How did the remap go?  Did you get the numbers you were expecting?  I live in the borders so your tuner is a probably my nearest, best option

Remap turned out to be a bit trickier than we hoped however, they managed a custom map which they've said they can potentially offer to other ISF owners. Give them a call on 01738 583064 (Andy) and he might help you out. Still waiting to get the ISF on the dyno however, the combo of the K&N Typhoon + the remap I'd say feels like around +40 bhp - way more responsive, right from 2000 rpm. I'd definitely recommend it for the money (map was £360 + VAT) - just make sure you book a dyno slot @ the same time :cool:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Would this be the same as what RR Racing from America offer, once it's tuned the Lexus ecu won't revert back to standard mapping?

Not 100% sure to be honest, although RA Motorsport are the guys to ask. Also, seems like the guys at Elite have maps listed on their site that are not yet available...

3 hours ago, Pecker said:

Not 100% sure to be honest, although RA Motorsport are the guys to ask. Also, seems like the guys at Elite have maps listed on their site that are not yet available...

Id be disappointed if i bought a map that reverted to stock after a while.  I'll definitely give them a ring, RA have an awesome reputation.  Do they do the tune on the street then or do they just upload it to your ECU and leave you to it? I'll definitely be booking the dyno then

How was the overall experience with RA?

49 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Id be disappointed if i bought a map that reverted to stock after a while.  I'll definitely give them a ring, RA have an awesome reputation.  Do they do the tune on the street then or do they just upload it to your ECU and leave you to it? I'll definitely be booking the dyno then

How was the overall experience with RA?

Yes, they are top guys. They've done all my work on previous Evo's, RS4, etc. I left the ISF with them for the day and they made sure everything was spot on - not exactly sure the on the technical side of it! Let us know the results :wink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links