Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h nav update issue

Hi guys,

Need some advice for my 09 RX400h, my car has a 2008 nav disk. I bought a replacement from satnavdiscs.co.uk, I removed the original disk and put the new one in (the right way) and closed it. When I turn on the nav it just says reading map data and flashes, then goes back to reading map data. I've tried to remove the disk but it won't eject. Any ideas? I've tried it with ignition on and engine on but no joy.

I read somewhere you can disconnect the Battery but don't fancy doing that as it could affect the hybrid/electrical systems.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Howard, I had exactly the same situation when swapping DVD's in my GS.

The only way to prevent the constant DVD reboots was to disconnect the small 12v Battery, have a brew, reconnect the Battery and then the DVD started up okay.  

It's been okay since too. 

Disconnecting the small 12v Battery will loose your trip readings/etc but nothing major occurred for me.

The Battery disconnect was detailed in the brief instructions I received, did you receive any guidance with your DVD?

Let us know how you get on.

6 minutes ago, Farqui said:

The only way to prevent the constant DVD reboots was to disconnect the small 12v battery, have a brew, reconnect the battery and then the DVD started up okay.  

Disconnecting the small 12v battery will loose your trip readings/etc but nothing major occurred for me.

The battery disconnect was detailed in the brief instructions I received, did you receive any guidance with your DVD?

Thanks Farqui, is the 12v the standard batter on the left? and not the hybrid one :)

thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farqui said:

The only way to prevent the constant DVD reboots was to disconnect the small 12v battery, have a brew, reconnect the battery and then the DVD started up okay.  

Disconnecting the small 12v battery will loose your trip readings/etc but nothing major occurred for me.

The battery disconnect was detailed in the brief instructions I received, did you receive any guidance with your DVD?

P.s is there an order to disconnect the Battery? positive/neg first etc

Just now, hprice1099 said:

Thanks Farqui, is the 12v the standard batter on the left? and not the hybrid one :)

thanks

On my GS it's the small 12v Battery in the boot, that looks like car batteries always have :wink3:

I see this thread is in for a RX, so presumably the Battery 12v is still in the engine bay?

19 minutes ago, hprice1099 said:

P.s is there an order to disconnect the battery? positive/neg first etc

Just disconnect the negative terminal, simples.

20 hours ago, lurch said:

Best way to do this is just pull the fuse for the radio/sat nav under bonnet , have done this twice now when updating mine works a treat and no battery to disconnect. 

Good to know mate 👍 Plus Lexus said is knocked the auto windows out disconnecting the Battery 😫👍👍

On 13/04/2017 at 10:32 AM, lurch said:

Best way to do this is just pull the fuse for the radio/sat nav under bonnet , have done this twice now when updating mine works a treat and no battery to disconnect. 

Hi mate, 

any chance you have an image of where the fuse is? It's done it again :( I'll have to buy a genuine disk as the two copies I've bought have caused issues.

thanks 👍👍

Passenger side under bonnet beside the cooling reservoir for the inverter is where it is, remove silver plastic synergy drive cover and you will see fuse box. Inside fuse box you will see diagram of the fuses, remove the 15amp radio fuse and just double check the sat nav is dead . Hopefully attached a couple of pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lurch said:

Passenger side under bonnet beside the cooling reservoir for the inverter is where it is, remove silver plastic synergy drive cover and you will see fuse box. Inside fuse box you will see diagram of the fuses, remove the 15amp radio fuse and just double check the sat nav is dead . Hopefully attached a couple of pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks very much Lurch, I'll give it a go tomorrow 👍👍👍

If I recall I pulled out the fuse for about five minutes and then refitted and then inserted the disc and it loaded ok.  Lexus and Toyota even give you a little white tool inside the fuse box lid to use to pull the fuses out 👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links