Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CarID Spyder rear lights from USA to UK is250

Hi,

So I was thinking of buying these:

https://www.carid.com/spyder/red-smoke-oem-style-tail-lights-mpn-alt-jh-lis06-oe-rsm.html?singleid=78513160&url=1137436

They are for USA models, but they are identical, can someone confirm it would be ok to use?

I heard that USA models have no fogs? Would that matter? It is a dual fillament bulb I assume?

They are probably legal to use if they have fog lights. But your insurance won't be happy to pay full cover in case of accident if anything at all and you will have to declare them as modification. I understand that smoked or tinted lights are styling, but it is safety concern as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

not sure to be honest, the only way is to probably plug them in and test, or ask the vendor and take their advice, if its wrong it'll be an easy return.

you cant tell the colour by just looking at the led's unfortunately

On 12/04/2017 at 11:28 AM, cukrus said:

Hi,

So I was thinking of buying these:

https://www.carid.com/spyder/red-smoke-oem-style-tail-lights-mpn-alt-jh-lis06-oe-rsm.html?singleid=78513160&url=1137436

They are for USA models, but they are identical, can someone confirm it would be ok to use?

I heard that USA models have no fogs? Would that matter? It is a dual fillament bulb I assume?

Why not just tint your own and save some cash.

Please dis-regard everything I've said, I got them mixed up with the other style sold which make the 2is look like the newer 3is, those should be fine if they have a filament indicator, but the only thing wrong with them is they may be tinted too dark to pass the mot

• Like 1

78 Works in Japan is the original manufacturer of pretty much all after market tail lights for the 2nd Generation IS and the LED blinkers are orange. 

The US versions are replicas of 78 and the blinkers (if led) are red.