Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Have your car been vandalised in any way in last 5 years?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have vandalised it... :D

I just find out the way to upgrade the car with realistically looking bullet holes for free... Just need to park it on the street and it will be delivered and applied overnight - very convenient.

Remember these? need no more:

715nZivKTqL._SY355_.jpg

The results are free and much more realistic:

20170412_134820.thumb.jpg.7bf228293d0878177c4bc3ac3f8a9a8d.jpg20170412_134842.thumb.jpg.8756e3c6c5fd92cb1dad01e83625912b.jpg20170412_134829.thumb.jpg.85bf39ba22eff2a0ec4e67f2c7e70533.jpg20170412_134835.thumb.jpg.858e700b20be354b5379366cf509498f.jpg

... now being serious, I don't park on the street often, but I did it once last weekend and the results are obvious. Reported it to police, but honestly, there is little hope they even try to find who did it, not to mention actually charging someone for criminal damage.

40 minutes ago, Farqui said:

emoji15.png shot at...really?!

Gutted for you pal.

No it is not bullet hole... actually I don't know what that it is. I looks like somebody tried to drill it with 10 or 12mm drill or something similar.

edit:

Actually, after looking for some examples I completely confused. It might actually be bullet hole... like something small calibre or even gas pistol from point-blank distance. At first I though it is madness to think that somebody would be shooting at car especially in UK, secondly I though that bullet would go straight through thin metal, but looking to below example it is clear some small calibers actually stops and leaves surprisingly similar marks (e.g. first from left below):

22_overview2.JPG

At first glance, it looked to me like a powerful air rifle or pistol.  Something with a CO2 cartridge and a spherical projectile could do that sort of damage, but not necessarily go through the metal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goldwyn said:

Gotta say it looks exactly like a shot from a air-rifle, been there done that :D  ( on my own car, just to be clear! )

The answer to the poll question -> 3. :D

Actually, I am starting to believe it was actually some sort of gunshot... thanks for your input guys. The reason to be happy about - vandalism to the cars is probably last priority for police, but if that is indeed gunshot... it is very serious case and more likely to grab some attention.

Sorry to see this happen to your car. I'd be gutted if the same thing happened to me. :sad:

Maybe you could contact a local newspaper or something and throw a spotlight on this. Then the Police might pay more attention to your case.

• Like 1

Where do you live? Dodge city?

Seriously though I'm gutted for you and if the same happened to my car ide  be devastated. 

Fingers crossed these mindless morons and caught quickly are locked up.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Where do you live? Dodge city?

Seriously though I'm gutted for you and if the same happened to my car ide  be devastated. 

Fingers crossed these mindless morons and caught quickly are locked up.

I would like to hope so... It was parked in Luton overnight 9th - 10th this month. I normally park in residents underground park in London, but even previously when parking on the street in not so great Beckton neighbourhood I never had any damage done. It was parked on the street without any parking restrictions with plenty of parking space and not blocking anyone's drive - but somebody considers public land their own and reacts angrily when they see an unrecognised car.

58ee9934ae387_Untitledshot.thumb.png.7a5d82e85a4c47fb233d886b11163865.png

You parked in Luton?!? That explains it then.

Nah, but seriously, that sucks Linas. :sad:  Hopefully it won't cost too much to repair.

It does look like a small caliber bullet hole.  Probably an air rifle, as mentioned.  If that is the case,  surely it can't be that hard for the police to have a look in the two houses you have shown?

• Like 1

Small update:

Talked with police and they said basically, there is nothing they can do with it. The report will be logged and quote: "but there is no scope to investigate it". They said and I quote - "there is nothing to suggest it is bullet damage".. I insisted saying that I will e-mail them the picture, but they said they not interested to even look at it.

They asked me if I heard the gunshot or seen the shell laying around, to both I answered "no" and that was enough for them to decide it is not a bullet hole. They said if that would have been a shot somebody would have called them.. as nobody did and I have not seen spent case.. that isn't.

Amazing job... but to be honest I am not that surprised as public opinion is - motorists are automatically criminals and if they have any issues with anything is their own fault aka if you have used public transport nothing similar would have happened to you.

One more thing - they only asked for the street and said they don't even care about the house number in front of which I parked the car. Only when I insisted that it could have been fired from the house they reluctantly noted it down, but said there is still no scope for investigation.

I am not 99% convinced it was specifically pellet rifle or pistol. The reason is that I looked to many video pellets being shot at cars and the shape of the hole and the dome of the paint is distinctive. And the piece of dark metal in the middle is the actual remains of the lead pellet.

But Bedfordshire police said  - "no spent case - means not a gun damage"... I wonder do they know what is the "case" and what is the "pellet".. or simply that pellets do not have cases.

Looking to Luton News it is not that uncommon... I mean shooting kids and adults ~ on average once a week. So reluctance from police to look at it and maybe get to something bigger is beyond me.

Police said - they will let me know if somebody comes up in future, but they won't inquire themselves. I joked saying - if you won't inquire nothing come up, unless you are expecting the shooter to come to the police station and admit shooting to my car or what? 

dont parking in f***ing luton again for ***** sake, and the police, well they are a waste of time.

if you are doing 5 over the limit they are all over you but for vandalism and such they basically wash their hands.

hope you get it fixed up.

• Like 1

That is true, from the beginning I was very confident police won't do anything about it, but when I realised it is shot I though this is entirely different type of crime - gun violence is like priority for police, but even then they ignored it.

To be honest it is strange - I have dealt with police in other countries and there they at least pretend they do something, at least go and make inquiries with residents even if it is like somebody keyed your car and probability of finding who is like 0.1% e.g. "have you not seen anything? right right I though so.... OK guys, they haven't seen anything let's just file it and be done with it". But Berkshire police was like - "we don't care.. we won't even try -  if something going to come up by itself we might do something".

The conversation with officers was totally epic:

• me - there is gunshot damage on my car
  • officer - what makes you think it is gunshot
  • me - well it looks exactly like damage from pellet pistol or rifle
  • officer - have you heard the shot?
  • me - no I was street away
  • officer - have you found shell?
  • me - no, but I believe it was pellet pistol (they don't have shells!)
  • officer - then I am certain it is not the bullet damage.
  • me - but how can you be sure without even looking to the damage, do you want to see at least picture of it..
  • officer- no.. based on what you said I am certain it is not bullet damage. 

that is crazy, if you need to come into london give me a shout i always have visitors vouchers and you can use mine, am based at cricklewood. also it is free parkingmost times of the except from 10am-11am monday - friday

• Like 1