Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beat Sonic Double Din

Yes I agree, silver is the right colour for the LS but it would probably lean towards something like this before too long.:blush:

img_8447.thumb.jpg.bed7e9d0509204a17e769b7e65f91843.jpg

Upgrading the hifi on the LS460/600 might be a challenge, there doesn't appear to be very much out there so far. Perhaps the kit Mark is getting could be adapted.

On 12/04/2017 at 8:13 PM, emjay82 said:

Ordered this kit yesterday from Beat-Sonic, Japan. The current navigation/media setup is poor and I often end up using Google maps on my phone for navigation. I'm thinking this change will make the nav and multimedia top notch with...

Google maps, Android Auto/Apple Car Play, Voice control, Voice activated text messaging, DAB radio, Spotify/Amazon music, Full Steering wheel controls, youtube etc.

Screenshot_20170412-200918.thumb.png.15ae93961ca43c12c766ceddf94c120d.png

Screenshot_20170412-201032.thumb.png.7e5097ddc7620621dda089822bed59fb.png

The other offerings from Vaistech and Grom seem to have a number of bugs so decided against those.

Hoping the kit will arrive and will try to install next week. 👍 

All round to @emjay82's car for a movie and popcorn next Saturday night!!!

• Like 1

Just now, emjay82 said:

Absolutely, I'll only charge £10 for a drink, so cheaper than the flicks! 

Excellent. I'll bring a fire extinguisher just in case the wiring isn't up to scratch ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Excellent. I'll bring a fire extinguisher just in case the wiring isn't up to scratch ;)

Luckily there isn't much petrol in these cars so the odd spark shouldn't cause an issue 😳 

Neil.  Seriously?  Since when was the Caravan Club interested in making 'good progress'?  They come here with their strange caravans and strange ways, blocking up our roads.  It has started all over again for 2017.  Our roads are full of Caravan Club members, leaving little room for us SL drivers.  :winkiss:  

I think you are winding me up (haha) :yes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beejay55 said:

Neil.  Seriously?  Since when was the Caravan Club interested in making 'good progress'?  They come here with their strange caravans and strange ways, blocking up our roads.  It has started all over again for 2017.  Our roads are full of Caravan Club members, leaving little room for us SL drivers.  :winkiss:  

I think you are winding me up (haha) :yes:

A wind up? Surely not, it's taken a lot of time and effort to increase the power and torque of the SC to be able to pull the caravan. I fitted the Beat-Sonic interface to play DVD video whilst driving to compensate for the 50 MPH restriction.:wink3: 

If only it was 1 April.....I would show you a picture of the lowered SC, roof down, complete with tow hitch and caravan fish-tailing behind. That could be a tall order even for the Big Rat picture library.

Here's the double din Alpine install

86057.jpg.c83352908cac4f318921ec12cf0b4d18.jpg

But look, no tow hitch...........so far.:smile:

86063.jpg.3af46fcfb9025bf07eeb958c58a1bddc.jpg

I'm sure the ISF 'Blat around Wales' will encounter very few caravans and have an absolute ball.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beejay55 said:

So far, so good . . . . .  :wink3:

Had to raise plenty of questions with Beat Sonic but they've been very helpful. I've removed the nav unit before and it's pretty straight forward, just hope that all the functionality works on the new head unit. 

On 15/04/2017 at 2:12 AM, Neil E said:

A wind up? Surely not, it's taken a lot of time and effort to increase the power and torque of the SC to be able to pull the caravan. I fitted the Beat-Sonic interface to play DVD video whilst driving to compensate for the 50 MPH restriction.:wink3: 

If only it was 1 April.....I would show you a picture of the lowered SC, roof down, complete with tow hitch and caravan fish-tailing behind. That could be a tall order even for the Big Rat picture library.

Here's the double din Alpine install

86057.jpg.c83352908cac4f318921ec12cf0b4d18.jpg

But look, no tow hitch...........so far.:smile:

86063.jpg.3af46fcfb9025bf07eeb958c58a1bddc.jpg

I'm sure the ISF 'Blat around Wales' will encounter very few caravans and have an absolute ball.

@Neil E Did I hear my name mentioned I'm sat at the M1 services as the motorway is shut because of a car fire 200 miles from home. Still not to worry as you can see I'm having a Barbecue later 😂

🐀

IMG_2700.JPG

Edited by Big Rat
  • Like 1

@Big Rat you're going to need a lot of Guinness to accompany that. Quite impressive but it's not an image of an SC with a tow bar/pulling a caravan. I searched but couldn't find anything then discovered someone in the US has actually made their own. :rolleyes: This is one modification I'll pass on. 

Hidden Trailer Hitch-img_3065.jpg

1 hour ago, Neil E said:

@Big Rat you're going to need a lot of Guinness to accompany that. Quite impressive but it's not an image of an SC with a tow bar/pulling a caravan. I searched but couldn't find anything then discovered someone in the US has actually made their own. :rolleyes: This is one modification I'll pass on. 

Hidden Trailer Hitch-img_3065.jpg

Sounds like sound advice 😏

🐀

• Like 1

@Big Rat or should I say Ernie? That could just be the fastest milk cart in the west.

It's only a small diversion to Mark off the M1, I'm sure he would appreciate some moral support with warm milk and cookies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Neil E Tus an amusing pic, you touched on the subject of getting yourself into an isF, given it any more thought ?

🐀

Yes plenty, it's worth having an F on the drive just to play along on here.

The private plate is off the SC ready to go but as recently mentioned, the plan is/was to replace it with an LS. If the right grey (I really mean silver) F appeared now....I think I would buy it. I have been viewing LS460s and though lower on thrills, it's so much more car for less money. My sensible head says I should buy a 460 and just lurk on here when I get depressed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Neil E said:

Yes plenty, it's worth having an F on the drive just to play along on here.

The private plate is off the SC ready to go but as recently mentioned, the plan is/was to replace it with an LS. If the right grey (I really mean silver) F appeared now....I think I would buy it. I have been viewing LS460s and though lower on thrills, it's so much more car for less money. My sensible head says I should buy a 460 and just lurk on here when I get depressed.

@Neil E I can't help but agree with all that, except the lurking on here reading my drivel at times will only hasten you towards the asylum.

🤡

🐀

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Neil E  Not for you I know but seems a fine example, they've got real presence 😏

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704194553927?make=LEXUS&model=LS 460&r=2

That looks like an impressive motor!!  Since getting the ISF I've really started to appreciate the finer things in life!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Neil E I can't help but agree with all that, except the lurking on here reading my drivel at times will only hasten you towards the asylum.

🤡

🐀

@Big Rat

Not at all. The men in white coats claimed me long ago. The ISF forum is excellent therapy, how many other forums could skillfully weave a thread combining multimedia enhancement with a high speed giant cow chasing an F?

@Jgtcracer  Yes that looks nice. I've looked at 2 silver 460s and 1 dark grey one. 90% of the time I would prefer to be in an LS but the other 10% is that F-un part of your life behind the wheel that defines you as an enthusiast.

Back at the ranch, I wonder how the install is going?

• Like 3

So after a little mild swearing (at times) I have installed the Beat Sonic double din MLX with Kenwood Android/Apple Car Play unit. I must say a big thank you to Hendrik @ Beat Sonic who has given fantastic support right the way through. I'm very happy with the system, and see Android Auto/Car Play as the future and it's a beautiful interface. I have access to endless music through my amazon Music Account (same if you had Spotify etc, etc). Goggle maps works a treat (full postcode search) and all features are voice controlled. You can easily listen to and reply to text/WhatsApp messages whilst driving using the voice recognition. So I'm very happy with the new system which has made my 2008 ISF bang upto date. Plenty more to learn about the system but I'm happy with how it turned out. The factory nav stays fully functional and steering wheel controls enable volume/track control on the new Kenwood unit. DSC_0098.thumb.JPG.b487bb1d3aa2597086788aa344a91890.JPGDSC_0097.thumb.JPG.bce2c5c9678f72019a08382564cfb2d8.JPG

DSC_0096.thumb.JPG.3bd34e40b99e2d094ea4f7166cbc57e2.JPG

DSC_0095.thumb.JPG.5878ec8e1bb3b12370d14555a0d9d374.JPG

• Like 6