Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beat Sonic Double Din

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

So after a little mild swearing (at times) I have installed the Beat Sonic double din MLX with Kenwood Android/Apple Car Play unit. I must say a big thank you to Hendrik @ Beat Sonic who has given fantastic support right the way through. I'm very happy with the system, and see Android Auto/Car Play as the future and it's a beautiful interface. I have access to endless music through my Amazon Music Account (same if you had Spotify etc, etc). Goggle maps works a treat (full postcode search) and all features are voice controlled. You can easily listen to and reply to text/WhatsApp messages whilst driving using the voice recognition. So I'm very happy with the new system which has made my 2008 ISF bang upto date. Plenty more to learn about the system but I'm happy with how it turned out. The factory nav stays fully functional and steering wheel controls enable volume/track control on the new Kenwood unit. DSC_0098.thumb.JPG.b487bb1d3aa2597086788aa344a91890.JPGDSC_0097.thumb.JPG.bce2c5c9678f72019a08382564cfb2d8.JPG

DSC_0096.thumb.JPG.3bd34e40b99e2d094ea4f7166cbc57e2.JPG

DSC_0095.thumb.JPG.5878ec8e1bb3b12370d14555a0d9d374.JPG

@emjay82 Well done perseverance has paid off, now I'm willing to allow you to Down load my voice for the Nav for the paltry sum of £2.99, it will include the odd tale of my past lives for free 😂

🐀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Well done perseverance has paid off, now I'm willing to allow you to Down load my voice for the Nav for the paltry sum of £2.99, it will include the odd tale of my past lives for free 😂

🐀

Is this the RAT NAV option? 😉 I'll message @Flytvr about a group buy!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ray-ISF said:

Looks great.

How much did it all cost of you dont mind me asking?

It was just under 300 for the Beat Sonic kit, 70 for the steering wheel control interface, then it depends on the stereo you choose. If you want apple car play/ Android Auto (which I highly recommend) you're looking at £340 +. I made one error, choosing a stereo with no DVD drive (didn't think I needed it), so I can't mirror a DVD film to the factory screen. 😔 

11 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Now I hope that toy wasn't appropriated from a certain little car washer boy known to yourself and the rest of the forum 🤔

🐀

No that's not, his comes with a stitched in microfibre cloth which will come in handy 😉 👍 

Screenshot_20170427-204416.png.62e4b90d6440fae4258fb7f556c0fdd9.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, this is the system I have, very happy with it! 

32 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

A quick bump of @emjay82 thread ignore if the set up is the same as yours 🤗

Big Rat

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’m going to resurrect this thread if I may? 

With the new setup, do you actually need to retain the OEM one? I appreciate their are other functions connected to it, but there are non-navigation versions which would probably work things like climate etc?

I’m just looking at ideas for when I potentially run a Toucan display (will replace all my Defi gauges and work with the new MOTEC ECU setup).

Cheers for any input.

Pete

As you say, it's only really the climate control setting that are accessed using the screen, most of the other stuff you could live without. Here's the back of the unit with the beatsonic attached if that's any help... 

PhotoText.jpg.374aa95a17b3d1e7ed00824a96576be9.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, emjay82 said:

As you say, it's only really the climate control setting that are accessed using the screen, most of the other stuff you could live without. Here's the back of the unit with the beatsonic attached if that's any help... 

PhotoText.jpg.374aa95a17b3d1e7ed00824a96576be9.jpg

Cheers Mark.

I'm going to hold fire on the whole moving the Defi gauges etc for now. If Motec are able to supply me with a proper standalone ECU solution, I can run the Toucan display which will have all the info my gauges have, plus a load more options as well.

Looks like I'll be having a lot of fun swapping out my whole dash when I get the second hand one back from flocking! Lots of wires and screws/clips to take off and refit! Lol.

How are you finding the new setup? Still pleased with it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Cheers Mark.

I'm going to hold fire on the whole moving the Defi gauges etc for now. If Motec are able to supply me with a proper standalone ECU solution, I can run the Toucan display which will have all the info my gauges have, plus a load more options as well.

Looks like I'll be having a lot of fun swapping out my whole dash when I get the second hand one back from flocking! Lots of wires and screws/clips to take off and refit! Lol.

How are you finding the new setup? Still pleased with it?

Love the setup, the android auto/apple carplay is so easy to use and intuitive. Google maps works great via voice control making navigation simple. Spotify works perfectly. My only regret is not choosing a head unit with a mechanical tilt, as some days in strong sunlight the screen can suffer from glare, but its fine 90% of the time. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2017 at 11:43 AM, Big Rat said:

@Neil E Yes those 600's are rather imposing and have quite a presence.

Ive never had a large Mercedes or BMW but if I was in the market for this class of car it would be the Lexus, reliability is king.

The only picture I could find was this one sorry about the colour cough...... cough......

Big Rat

IMG_2663.JPG.ff3ac409f38378c80c47398aab576682.JPG

I used to own this baby back in Romania! Done 260000 km with it. No problems at all! Had the best sounding ML system! The one in RCF is not as good.

The confort was supreme! A really fast car with a very good fuel consumption for it’s power train

CAFDAFFE-9CB6-44EC-8FB2-9CEC1751BA21.jpeg

47D44299-9CA2-4316-BEFE-473B44AB203E.jpeg

C298FE95-A08A-4C3C-9F30-BACF698D37A0.jpeg

E6544D79-48B5-4B53-81CE-26A1257EBA19.jpeg

6E9D12C4-D3F9-404A-813A-24EDD60B3771.jpeg

F1C0CC9A-438A-4E49-9D77-6A0B9624B83D.jpeg

• Like 2

Very impressed mate!

same question as above, what was the total bottom line cost for the set up? Seem to recall about £600 all in being mentioned erarlier in the thread but I assume that includes the head unit too?

I had a look online and can only seem to see the beat sonic part in USA auto stores, is there a link to beat sonic japan website you can share?

Thanks in advance!

Dan.

8 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Very impressed mate!

same question as above, what was the total bottom line cost for the set up? Seem to recall about £600 all in being mentioned erarlier in the thread but I assume that includes the head unit too?

I had a look online and can only seem to see the beat sonic part in USA auto stores, is there a link to beat sonic japan website you can share?

Thanks in advance!

Dan.

Ignore all the above mate except the link to the Japan website, that would be really useful. Found all the other answers in the thread. Still very impressed!!

16 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Ignore all the above mate except the link to the Japan website, that would be really useful. Found all the other answers in the thread. Still very impressed!!

http://www.world-beatsonic.com/

Hendrick Wildy: wildy@world-beatsonic.com (very helpful). 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links