Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 Lexus Safety System +

Just wondering how accurate the new safety system works. My wife has a new Jazz with similar safety kit on and it often gives false beeps for collision detection and gets the traffic signs wrong.

Does the Lexus system work without giving false warnings?

You can adjust its sensitivity, and I haven't played around with it too much to be honest....

it's beeped at me a few times in the following scenarios and for each, I was initially thinking what?! Come on?! But on reflection I think it was pretty fair warning:

1) driving down my road which is twisty and park d cars everywhere, at low speed (ev mode of course! ;-) as I go to round one particular corner it beeps at me in thinking I'm going to hit the car in front - it doesn't know I'm going to turn and so warns me to brake

2) behind a car turning left it's beeped at me as I've carried on and the car turns left... with this one I think this is more me seeing that the cars speed turning left is plenty enough for me to only brake lightly and move slightly over to the right but the car is again warning me that there is still an object there - I guess it doesn't know that by the time I get there the car will have gone

all in all I think it's a great system and anything that helps me improve as a driver is a good thing, I'm not offended if the car beeps at me :-)

hope this helps

In 2 years and 12k miles I think the pre crash warning has only triggered twice in our pre face lift with safety kit. The blind spot warning is really useful as is adaptive cruise control. 

The pre crash warning can be confused easily on  A roads, with overtakes of vehicles as you accelerate up to and past them i find.

Adaptive cruise even on closest setting still leaves a large gap in my opinion, and it detects from quite a way away. It is a new skill to drive to its limitations and I find it again can be confused when changing from lane 1 to 3 to overtake say 2 lorries at the same time. 

The blind spot detect is good, as is the rear cross traffic alert. Road sign reading is also good, but the warning is a fixed 1/3/5 mph over, I'd have preferred a % value.

The Lane control feature is good on the motorway, but less good on A roads, it is too sensitive even on lowest setting. I turn it off when not on motorways now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links