Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

History of work completed on vehicle

Having recently purchased an approved used IS250 from Lexus dealership, car has full Lexus service history. I assume Lexus has a full and comprehensive list of all work which has carried out over the lifetime of the vehicle. I am interested in the actual work which has been done previously, can anyone advise if this information would be available for me at the dealership on request or would they chase me. 

When I visited lexus bristol for repairs on the egr valve and 5th injector on my previous is220d I did ask about any previous work the vehicle had received. 

They where more than happy to oblige and after a quick check on the computer they confirmed the vehicle had a new head gasket replaced at 62k.

Thanks John and Rebecca for your replies, have been trying for the past 2 days to get onto the www.lexus.co.uk site regarding "My Lexus", however keep getting message "system down" please try later. May have to wait until I'm near a Lexus dealership as Rebecca suggested.

8 minutes ago, Surebet said:

Thanks John and Rebecca for your replies, have been trying for the past 2 days to get onto the www.lexus.co.uk site regarding "My Lexus", however keep getting message "system down" please try later. May have to wait until I'm near a Lexus dealership as Rebecca suggested.

Even if you get it to work you cannot rely on the results. I've checked my vehicles (previous and current) and not all the work has been entered correctly on the system. I'd only assume that anything in the last two years is correct.

39 minutes ago, Surebet said:

I have also tried but had the same message as you - I was curious to see the history of mine as never had it in the past but it wont let me verify my vehicle.

I get the impression the whole My Lexus thing is more tailored for phones and tablets so you can book services and test drives etc at the tap of a button. Whatever the case, it's extremely buggy and took me a lot of faffing about both on the phone app and a laptop before I eventually managed to register my car and look up it's history. As Colin alluded to though, it's not comprehensive and perhaps reliant on someone manually uploading the details of any work done.

I have spent few hours putting in "Version Code".... tried all possible ways and in the end the issue was that their calendar is buggy. If you select the date (when you acquired the car) from drop down list then it will say - "wrong code", but if you manually type the date in then they will accept the code.

Worth mentioning - you can only check the summary of the service i.e. "Full 60k +, 65432 miles, oil 5w30, standard service package, date" but not the details (like on invoice).

• Like 1

Just checked the service history on my Oct'16 RC. Very short.. :wink3:

Just the 3 entries 'PDI' and 'TUP 1H9' and 'TUP3T5'

But can anybody tell me what TUP 1H9 and TUP 3T5 means? There's no detail in either the last two entries

18 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Touch Up Paint? Those are Lexus paint codes. :wink:

I did buy a touch up pen and clear coat stick!!

Well, if they record such minutia in the history, bodes well :yes:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links