Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have read discussion on the forum and want to clarify what I have just been told by a Lexus Service Centre adiser.

I have a 2007 Lexus RX400h and queiried my local Lexus garage re updating the Sat-Nav maps to the current version, specifically I asked if updating the maps would update the software to allow change of destination whilst the vehicle was moving. I was told that the software was not updated when the you bought new maps, only the navigation, and was further told that not only could you not change destination whilst moving on the 2007 version installed but that the Lexus Sat-Nav installed in new vehicles also prohibited this feature as it was a safety device.

This information is contrary to what I thought i had read and I wonder if anyone can clarify the issue for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps I'm just getting on in years but adjusting Sat Nav on the move in modern cars is quite time consuming and therefore quite dangerous. I have to agree with Lexus on this one. Too many people are distracted by onboard technology. Sometimes I long for an old push button radio!

• Like 2

When I bought my RX400h new in 2008, the Satnav was locked out on the move. I did a map update in around 2011 and it unlocked the majority of the functions on the move, just by inserting the new map DVD. There are now no lockouts at all on any of the Nav functions, and its reasonably easy for driver/passenger to, say, find nearest parking without first having to park, or dally at traffic lights frantically selecting a new destination.

About the only thing now locked is the ability to dial numeric phone numbers - only use the quick access numbers - although I vaguely recall from experimenting at the time it WAS still possible to go into the address book, type in full contact details of someone, add them as a quick access... and then dial them (well thought through, very safe).

I updated by 2007 maps to the latest 2015/16 and as above all the navigation locks have been removed. The phone is still limited to Speed Dial numbers if the vehicle is moving. If you want disable that there was an article published on the US forum about cutting the wire that feed the speed data into the system - at your own peril as they say :)

The LOC does not condone the purchase or use of non genuine Lexus software as per the Club's T&Cs the relevant section being quoted below.

"Don’t break the law. Don’t post about things that break the law, or that might encourage others to break the law."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

The LOC does not condone the purchase or use of non genuine Lexus software as per the Club's T&Cs the relevant section being quoted below.

"Don’t break the law. Don’t post about things that break the law, or that might encourage others to break the law."

The  product  is a  genuine Toyota/Lexus  disk -  please  do  not  make  assumptions  regarding  my  postings  or  their  legality  

19 minutes ago, rynd2it said:

The  product  is a  genuine Toyota/Lexus  disk -  please  do  not  make  assumptions  regarding  my  postings  or  their  legality  

A post was reported (hence why Steve posted) the reported content was not yours, but in all honesty yours could be interpreted in a similar vein due to buying from ebay 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2017 at 4:14 PM, rynd2it said:

I updated by 2007 maps to the latest 2015/16 and as above all the navigation locks have been removed. The phone is still limited to Speed Dial numbers if the vehicle is moving. If you want disable that there was an article published on the US forum about cutting the wire that feed the speed data into the system - at your own peril as they say :)

wheredid you get the maps from

On 4/14/2017 at 7:42 PM, janey said:

A post was reported (hence why Steve posted) the reported content was not yours, but in all honesty yours could be interpreted in a similar vein due to buying from ebay 

Buying from eBay is not a crime, nor should you assume that eBay sellers are selling counterfeit goods. I have sold many items on eBay as well as buying.

• Like 1

When you buy the SatNav DVDs from Lexus (and Toyota?), you have to buy the whole set. At least it used to be the case. This means that Lexus owners based on the continent end up with a DVD for UK and ROI (includes France and some other Western Europe countries) that they may never use and often post it for sale on eBay.

This is how I procured a *genuine* Lexus DVD when I had a RX400h and wanted to unlock the "update on the move" function. From memory, the version you need is 2009 onwards... but I am not 100% sure. There are other threads on the forum that should confirm exactly what version you require.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links