Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this car?

Hi all,

Long time lurker, looking to potentially take the plunge on a well maintained high miler this weekend. Just wondering if anyone knows this car? Also, what do you guys think about the price? 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701101189395

FYI I have previously test driven a 2012 car at a dealer and was mighty impressed (except I found the manual changes on the slow side....felt like the gearbox needed a service). I'm aware that the 2009 car linked above will have harder ride, no LSD, no USB, etc.

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Firstly. good luck with your potential purchase.

I wouldn't worry about the ride difference on the later cars. I've driven both and you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference. In fact, pretty much disregard most comments about the IS-F ride being really hard - it is comparable to other cars in its class.

Money wise, I'd reckon there's room for movement. The car has been on the market for a while.

I always take a nosey at WeBuyAnyCar, and it is quoting £9810. Gives you some sort of idea regarding the trade value.

Nice looking car, make him an offer on it and see what he says, if it has been up for sale for a while there is probably room for a deal.

As @Flytvr has said I wouldn't get too hung up on the ride being hard and the manual shift speed only really works when it is Sport Mode, all in my opinion of course.

Keep us posted, we are all nosey on here!!!!

• Like 1

It's cheap relative to others online at the moment and it's been up for sale for a while so makes me wonder why it hasn't sold.  Have a good look around it and ensure your happy.  

I'm biased but they truly are brilliant cars and look on the bright side...... It's not silver!

MOT history shows it needed new tyres at 92,000 and again at 100,000 are these normal wear patterns for ISF front tyres?

I would certainly be looking at a full check for possible repaired front end damage given the tyre wear and the time it has been for sale.

Dealer states mileage at 99,999 but this was 100693 in January 2017?

12 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

MOT history shows it needed new tyres at 92,000 and again at 100,000 are these normal wear patterns for ISF front tyres?

I would certainly be looking at a full check for possible repaired front end damage given the tyre wear and the time it has been for sale.

Dealer states mileage at 99,999 but this was 100693 in January 2017?

You can see 100721 on the dash (stating 99,999 means it appears in '<100k' searches). They've held the car since soon after the January MOT apparently, hence low use.

Good point on the front tyres....the dealer said he had a receipt for two new tyres fitted to the rear in july last year. perhaps it needed new fronts, with some life left in the rears, so the owner had the new ones put on the back and the old rear tyres went onto the front. Are the wheels all the same size, permitting that scenario?

I think if the front tyres have recent manufacture dates, your theory may be correct, so i'll walk away.

5 minutes ago, Flake said:

Are the wheels all the same size, permitting that scenario?

Just did some googling and they're not, so might need to ask the dealer about this in the morning.... I'm making a big trip to view the car; no point doing that if it's had a big accident before!

22 minutes ago, Ray-ISF said:

On the tyre front more likely inside premature wear on front tyres. Alignment needs setting properly and USRS also helps. 

USRS?

15 hours ago, Flake said:

You can see 100721 on the dash (stating 99,999 means it appears in '<100k' searches). They've held the car since soon after the January MOT apparently, hence low use.

Good point on the front tyres....the dealer said he had a receipt for two new tyres fitted to the rear in july last year. perhaps it needed new fronts, with some life left in the rears, so the owner had the new ones put on the back and the old rear tyres went onto the front. Are the wheels all the same size, permitting that scenario?

I think if the front tyres have recent manufacture dates, your theory may be correct, so i'll walk away.

Looks a decent example from the photos.

Cant see any signs of crash damage - all the panel gaps are tight and aligned. 

Front tyres are showing edge wear so most likely an alignment should have sorted it out (it states a recent alignment was done in the ad)

A hell of a car for the money, I know they are around or already in to 100k mile territory but get a Lexus warranty and enjoy it.

I see there is only 2 of the ultra rare, high performance, much sought after blue ones for sale, they wont be around for long........... @Big Rat @Flytvr @emjay82 @Rusty Crobar

:yahoo::yahoo:                                          :yahoo::yahoo:                                      :yahoo::yahoo:                                            :yahoo::yahoo:                                           :yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Firstly. good luck with your potential purchase.

I wouldn't worry about the ride difference on the later cars. I've driven both and you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference. In fact, pretty much disregard most comments about the IS-F ride being really hard - it is comparable to other cars in its class.

Money wise, I'd reckon there's room for movement. The car has been on the market for a while.

I always take a nosey at WeBuyAnyCar, and it is quoting £9810. Gives you some sort of idea regarding the trade value.

I thought the ride was hard until I checked my tyre pressures and they had been set at 44psi on all four corners by the dealer I bought it off! Much better now they're at 36psi 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Neh, black and that yucky red colour I think :yahoo:

I had actually heard that Lexus are changing the name of Mesa red to 'classy as f**k red'

Just what i heard.....

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I had actually heard that Lexus are changing the name of Mesa red to 'classy as f**k red'

Just what i heard.....

They are changing all the colours actually...

Tomato 

Tin

Coal

Sea

Milk

And......

Ultrasonic Pearlescent Grey

• Like 2

2 hours ago, emjay82 said:

They are changing all the colours actually...

Tomato 

Tin

Coal

Sea

Milk

And......

Ultrasonic Pearlescent Grey

Sea? Dirty brown!!!!!

• Like 1

Hello all. Thought i would update you rather than leave you dangling.

I was looking at either an ISF or M135i (weird, I know) and the ideal version of the latter popped up today. I promptly bought it.

Thanks for the advice in any case.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flake said:

I was looking at either an ISF or M135i (weird, I know) and the ideal version of the latter popped up today. I promptly bought it.

I friend of mine has a 140i and it's impressive so a good choice

Shame it looks like melted action man!!!

Good luck

5 hours ago, Flake said:

We had a 335i for a couple of years and loved it. Good luck with the 135! :)