Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Miss my old IS200

jayson

It became apparent today to me while washing my is250 F sport how much i miss my old car. Had this 2000 plate for 13 years and clocked up 187k. it was such a good engine and never gave me any grief.......probably would of still gone for another 100k.....Happy times. What are other peoples oldies but goodies, never to be forgotten??

20170408_085346_resized_1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

s-l1604.jpg

My IS200 SE, 53 plate and owned for 7 years in my case....part ex'd it for peanuts but its probably still going strong. There are so many  around , they still turn my head.

I regret not buying an IS300 back in the day, that might have been a keeper.

• Like 1

The more I search Autotrader, the more I realise that my current IS300 will be the car I miss most when it finally goes. I love everything about it, except perhaps its appetite for unleaded! But when I try to find something to replace it, there is nothing that ticks all the boxes. So, being bought-and-paid-for, the fuel bill is - on reflection - a minor negative. I'd buy another, without hesitation. Apart from that, I miss my old FIAT Coupé 20v Turbo; a fast, fabulous but infuriatingly fickle and flawed motor...

First introduction to Lexus was with a 2004 Lexus IS 200LE after owning Vauxhalls for years. Absolutely loved the Lex and the first car I have had that went past 100k with no issue, had it from 60k and well looked after car.

Lost it in a flood a few years back and was absolutely gutted - more gutted at losing the car than the house!!. Was written off with no option to buy back. Tried to start but had had it - not an option to buy back really as it was absolutely soaked inside. I would have another one if it was in good condition - I loved the sunroof option !!

The only issue I had with it was a cigarette burn on the back seat - was there prior to when I bought it!

IMAG0043.thumb.jpg.7402bd8d051ad12001269e34ae37b98a.jpg

Drowned (first car on the drive) wifes new clio was written off also

58f27d388aa64_Floodpics(1).thumb.jpg.ec3b2f45a6647bdcd253acc3795144d8.jpg

Being towed away to graveyard !! (sad day)

58f27d305d73b_1(27).thumb.jpg.0812c6298a953e1068766a07a564091f.jpg

• Like 1

An IS200 LE was my first Lexus too! It was a total impulse buy as well as I had visited a Garage to look at an E46 BMW but noticed this as soon as I arrived on-site and ended up going home with it. :smile:

I was aware of Lexus, and who they were (Toyota) but didn't know much about the IS200 at all before I bought it...Let's just say I got my first surprise when I got it home and realised just how thirsty it was, and how much it would cost to tax it for a year. That didn't matter though as I loved it to bits and ended-up keeping it for 4 and a bit years, doing a few tasteful mods here and there and generally trying to look after it well. I actually thought about hanging on to it alongside my IS250 as a second car but a good friend convinced me to sell him it. So, no longer mine but at least I know where it is and still get to see it running around.

IS200-16.thumb.jpg.7daaf7f80db4be7e5c2f17d846c68a96.jpg

IS200-19.thumb.jpg.f60158419c0770d31a8026565f918db9.jpg

IS200-30.thumb.jpg.3015428433a0da2fbe12d8032afe7f08.jpg

IS200-20.thumb.JPG.69f39e3a5e29d016d9092b689db3856d.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a is200 for 10 years and still rate it as the most reliable car I've ever owned bar none, even more so than my is250 !! Really considering buying another to replace my is250 !!! They are now going up in value while the is2 is dropping drastically .

Allan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links