• 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucazade

Boot hard to close

2 posts in this topic

I've been bothered for a while by the boot of my IS200 being difficult to close: it needs a real slamming, which looks odd given the doors close with the push of a finger. I'm assuming something is worn as I can't see any damage from an accident.

The only part slightly worn is the bracket, which is probably 1-2mm bent (see pic).

Alternatively, is there some adjustment elsewhere that I'm missing?

DSC_2919.JPG

Looking at that striker plate I would for the cost of around £6.00 replace it (part number 64621-53010) and then get some white spray grease on the catch.

See if the securing bolts on the striker and catch have elongated holes as these will allow some adjustment also.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Keleko
      Evening,
      I've got a 2012 GS450h F-Sport and I have to pull the boot lid pretty hard to close it, should it have a soft close boot like my 2008 GS450h did?
    • By Ian J. Parsley
      Just to quick queries long-term owners may be able to answer. 
      1. When I set a destination on the satnav, on both my previous IS and my wife's CT, it was not necessary to click "Start" - after a short delay to allow you to add further destinations to the route, the navigation started anyway. However, it appears the NX requires this (and it cannot be done by voice control).  
      Is this correct? Or is there a setting which allows this to be changed?
      2. The boot is automatic (so far so good), but it has to close all the way before you can lock the car. As it takes a while, I can see this getting slightly irritating.
      Can this be set so the car is locked in advance of the boot closing?
    • By andrewtayloruk
      Hi,
      I've just picked up my car (there'll be a longer post coming once I've got a few issues rectified) and the dealer supplied and fitted the rear dog guard (PZ483K212000) and the dog divider (PW2550E002). The divider splits the boot in half so the dog can occupy one side and the luggage the other. It attaches to PZ483K212000 which is the RX450h Full Height Dog Guard.
      You can see the divider in the image I've uploaded from Lexus.
      I was wondering if anyone had this installed already and could give me some feedback, mine appears to be too high up the rear guard, as a result, when I go over any kind of bump in the road, it rattles on the bottom supporting post. The supporting post doesn't screw in at all, it's just sitting on top of it and loose in the 'hole'. There's an adjustment collar that moves up and down the thread, but, this doesn't attach to the divider at all.
      I've tried moving the entire divider further down the rear guard, but,  at it's lowest point the brackets that fit to the rear guard can't be used due to the contour of the guard and the dividing bar.
      Very hard to describe, but, anyone who has one of these should be able to point me in the right direction.
      I'm not local to the supplying dealer or my preferred dealer and I'd like to get this resolved prior to the weekend when I need it for a camping trip. I've managed to find instructions for the rear dog guard on the tech portal, but, no fitting instructions for the divider which appears to be the issue.
      Thanks
      Andrew

• By chr15gb
      Hi. My boot may as well have no dampers fitted, the boot slams with a vengeance unless you control it's decent until the final few inches, then drop it.
      I have had a dig around and I can't see any part numbers on either of the struts. There is a warning label with some unhelpful English but the rest Japanese.
      Ebay have plenty, but all from cars of a similar age to mine (2008) which may or may not work.
      I found http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/lexus/is
      The problem is they only have an IS300 as the model, not an IS250. The picture looks the same but I don't know if they are identical or not.
      Does anyone know either the part number for an IS250 boot strut or know if the IS300 simply has a larger engine in the same body type?