Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

changing aeria mast on ls400

well the aerial on my 400 wasnt going up when i got it i could hear the motor though so boughyt a new mast with the toothed spline .easy enough job via the instructions but mine had snapped in the aerial housing .so took out the full unit undid the cover and removed the old spline screwed it all back together then back on the car then fed the new spline down the mast and all good again 1 hour start to finish

• Like 2

Just done mine for the second time as the first replacement mast lasted only a month before the drive pulled out of the mast, the seller sent me another one FOC.

What I did was remove the toothed drive as you did by stripping down the motor gearbox but instead of following the instructions on LexLS to manually wind in the new drive I got hold of 2 spade tags and a bits of wire on the motor and then used a spare car Battery to wind the new drive into the gearbox which gave me more control.

Popped it back in position and all working fine again.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2017 at 8:44 AM, steve2006 said:

Just done mine for the second time as the first replacement mast lasted only a month before the drive pulled out of the mast, the seller sent me another one FOC.

What I did was remove the toothed drive as you did by stripping down the motor gearbox but instead of following the instructions on LexLS to manually wind in the new drive I got hold of 2 spade tags and a bits of wire on the motor and then used a spare car battery to wind the new drive into the gearbox which gave me more control.

Popped it back in position and all working fine again.

well steve one week later and its snapped already not sure if its worth puttin the same one back on or look for an original .i paid £20 just for the mast with spline

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

There is only one way to go get a replacement from Lexus they're about £250.

is that what they are ? cd s it is then

3 hours ago, ste42 said:

well steve one week later and its snapped already not sure if its worth puttin the same one back on or look for an original .i paid £20 just for the mast with spline

I would at least be looking for either a free replacement or a full refund.

• Like 1