Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So after changing my 2009 GS450h for a 2012 CT200h only 6 months ago I am now accepting that I miss the power of my GS. I went for the sensible approach for what I needed the car for in downsizing to a CT but I can't get on with it at all. Nice top spec car with the ML system etc etc but you just can't replace the power of the GS. Engine feels (and sounds) extremely strained at the slightest acceleration. A case of heart was over ruled by head but just have to go back to the GS. Am looking for a facelift model to what I had last time which is the GEN4 I believe 2012 onwards. Have looked at the IS300h and the GS300h but still think I'd find them underpowered compared with what I had before. 

• Like 1

You are very right matey. Very few cars on the road could match the torque delivery of the GS450H. It's probably the smoothest car I've owned, and when I parted with mine some 3yrs ago I upgraded to the RX450H which had the same engine but less power than th GS. Good luck with the search.

I also own both the gs450 and the RX450 and I still feel amazed at how smooth and quiet the GS is even compared to the RX.

as has been mentioned, it's a hard car to beat as a excellent all rounder.

• Like 1

You are spot on, my GS450 died 3 years ago so I leased a E Class diesel which I have hated almost every day since. Collecting my next GS 450h SE L with adaptive cruise and sunroof tomorrow, sod the economy can't wait !!

• Like 1

delighted to be back as a GS450h owner. Bought today from Lexus Sidcup and they're delivering it to me on Thursday (all the way to South Wales). It's the Premier model. Can't wait!!! :yes:

new car.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, gareth1902 said:

delighted to be back as a GS450h owner. Bought today from Lexus Sidcup and they're delivering it to me on Thursday (all the way to South Wales). It's the Premier model. Can't wait!!! :yes:

new car.jpg

Welcome back Gareth.You must let us all know how it compares to the GEN 3 MODEL.

Regards

John

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gareth1902 said:

new car.jpg

I am sure you have made the correct decision. I had a IS300H as a loan car a few days ago while some recall work was carried out on my GS450H. I so wanted to like the IS, but it's lack of power, and most of all the high level of road noise made it a no go for me.

John 

When I  traded my former 2008 GS 450h with a newer Gs300h, at the beginning I was a little  shocked for the feeling of lack of power, and I must confess I sometimes still miss the 450h; nonetheless GS 300h is more than sufficient for daily use and you have less risk for your driving license: also running costs are better, and if I need some fun I can drive GS300h in S+ mode.

But your new GS 450h is the right choice if you like sport cars and don' care to spend some more for fuel :-)

tonyricha, have you test driven it before buying? I was in a market for Premier GS450h too.

When i have tested it 2/3 weeks ago radio was not working and it had some cables behind the rear view mirror (dash cam?). 

And it felt like it had more miles than it had on a clock for some reason.

Initial sale price was 19.7k. 

When i walked in to test drive it they said it is 19k.

All that in mind i have tried to negotiate the price but they wont budge. My final offer was 17.750.

Then they took deposit from someone else but sale fell through when buyer saw it.

And they have dropped the price even more to 17.7K 

I hope you have negotiated a bit more off.

Given all of the above - i did not want to buy even at reduced price. I might be too paranoid but never know...

Hope you've got a good one. They are lovely cars.

I've got myself 2012 RX 450h and already missing my GS300.

so as promised a quick assessment after now owning the gen 3 and gen 4 models. It's still very early days and I've hardly scratched the surface of this new car. The newer model somehow feels much larger when driving it (and being a bus driver myself this says something). It seems to have far more presence. Performance wise very similar. The huge screen is very impressive and rear heated seats and control panel will keep the kids entertained I'm sure. Took me ages to work out how to take off the parking brake to even drive off until I read it's automatic and there isn't one!

Has the ML system like my old one (and my CT as well) but seems to be only 1 CD and not an autochanger? Unless I am wrong. Also doesn't seem to the have the hard disk drive to download songs onto either which my CT had? First car I've had with the radar cruise control and haven't has an opportunity to use it as yet but looking forward to trying it out. The keeping in lane system seems handy as does the blind spot detector (when I work it all out properly), Got the auto main beam set to on but no idea what that's all about as yet. 

Reviews reckon 15-20% better fuel economy from the gen 4 model as it is now an atkinson cycle but far too soon to comment and judge on that as yet but I'll be keeping a keen eye on it. Had to give up my CT as I missed the performance of the GS though so fuel economy is not too important. 

Overall the car is a beast and no regrets. 5th Lexus in a row and I'll be hanging onto this one for a long time. It certainly turns heads and attracts lots of comments and questions from people. 

• Like 1

Apologies, my previous post was meant to Gareth1902. 

You bought the car i looked at :)

Glad you enjoy the car. It's a lot of a car for the money. 

It just did not feel right to me.

8 hours ago, gidrazas said:

Apologies, my previous post was meant to Gareth1902. 

You bought the car i looked at :)

Glad you enjoy the car. It's a lot of a car for the money. 

It just did not feel right to me.

No need to apologise. All the issues you mentioned above they seem to have rectified. The mileage was verified and they gave me evidence of that. No wires hanging anywhere. And knocked even more off the price so in the end it was a gift. 30 day trial (change of mind) and the 1 year Lexus warranty so I figured if I don't like it or there are any issues I have insurance. Overall the car is mint. 

• Like 1

No I didn't test drive as Cardiff was just too far away to go for a test drive. With mileage of just 42K I decided after my last 450h experience of 200K before any faults I dare just buy it and boy am I pleased I did! Every bit as good as I remembered, the grin factor of acceleration is awesome. I did look at 2 newer ones but no sunroof and I really dont like the angular front so I am very happy and left fair ammount of cash in bank. Drove 200 miles home then realised I hadnt moved once because I was so comfortable. Superb !!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tonyricha said:

No I didn't test drive as Cardiff was just too far away to go for a test drive. With mileage of just 42K I decided after my last 450h experience of 200K before any faults I dare just buy it and boy am I pleased I did! Every bit as good as I remembered, the grin factor of acceleration is awesome. I did look at 2 newer ones but no sunroof and I really dont like the angular front so I am very happy and left fair ammount of cash in bank. Drove 200 miles home then realised I hadnt moved once because I was so comfortable. Superb !!!

any photos? 

Will be when I work out how to! My only concern is the new gal has a lexus themed number plate so might somebody on here say " beware that is my old car which I traded in because ...."

2 minutes ago, tonyricha said:

Will be when I work out how to! My only concern is the new gal has a lexus themed number plate so might somebody on here say " beware that is my old car which I traded in because ...."

I really would not be too concerned. Firstly it's a lexus and it's going to be reliable and even if by some small chance you have some insignificant problem, lexus are going to fix it on warranty.

I wouldn't give it a second thought buying any lexus from the main dealer. Providing you are happy with your purchase then you already have a winner. Just enjoy as you already seem to be doing.

carl 

2 hours ago, tonyricha said:

here you go boys and girls. Not purchased from a Lexus dealer, I am still a bit sore after the last episode from them!

20170422_193555.jpg

Looks very nice and love the colour.