Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone looking to sell ?

Hi

Thinking of purchasing a ISF ! long shot i have 15k tops , there is one for sale in cheshire (my county) in my budget , but its a bit leggy (106000 miles) and 6 previous owners , which puts me off a little bit , so any one thinking of selling in the next few weeks and fairly local to me ? 

cheers 

Jon 

• Like 1

Good luck jon, I think you're probably looking at 100k+ miles for your budget but I wouldn't worry too much as these cars soak it all up.

Make sure the service history is all there and check it feels tight. Stone chips are very common and budget £500 for new brakes and the same for tyres. 

Get an inspection for  £300 if you want to make sure there are no hidden issues. 

• Like 1

Hi all . 

cheers for your replies , yes 15k is a bit cheeky , but the trade value is probably around 11k (ish) so if someone was thinking of trading there beloved isf in , I thought it could be beneficial to both parties . Mileage/owners doesn't bother me to much ...... but it's when you sell on , you could end up stuck with it (not that it's a bad car to be stuck with) so then its off to the trade , who go generally by the book and you then get a kicking . 

Jon 

I notice a white one has come up for sale on autotrader just above £15k. I remember this car being for sale when I was looking 18 months or so ago. Looks like it has sone Lexus warranty but from memory it might have some missing service history but I could be wrong, worth a phone call?

There was a thread on it the closest I could find was this reference. Might be worth a manual trawl through the pages around the date below?

I'm sure it was around the 60k service that was putting people off. That and the bizarre interior.

3 hours ago, emjay82 said:

I notice a white one has come up for sale on autotrader just above £15k. I remember this car being for sale when I was looking 18 months or so ago. Looks like it has sone Lexus warranty but from memory it might have some missing service history but I could be wrong, worth a phone call?

That is one that I considered last February but decided against it due mainly to a conversation I had with Lexus Bolton who had serviced it . Wasn't keen on the interior either and also it only had one key . Was quoted £320 to replace that but it was the other issues that scared me off . 

1 hour ago, dandydons said:

That is one that I considered last February but decided against it due mainly to a conversation I had with Lexus Bolton who had serviced it . Wasn't keen on the interior either and also it only had one key . Was quoted £320 to replace that but it was the other issues that scared me off . 

I probably still have the service records sent to me by the dealer at the time, not sure about those seats. Some newer ISF's in the states were released with red leather but not my cup of tea. Most upholsterers won't touch the seats for insurance reasons, something to do with Manufacturers using special/weakened stitching in areas near an airbag, to make sure they deploy correctly in an accident. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

A up 

thanks for the pm corrado , but I'll return your message publicly , I've kinda given up on the getting a ISF and set my attentions elsewhere . Must say she looks slick in black . Good luck in the sale 👍🏻

Cheers

jon

46 minutes ago, jonthebarber said:

A up 

thanks for the pm corrado , but I'll return your message publicly , I've kinda given up on the getting a ISF and set my attentions elsewhere . Must say she looks slick in black . Good luck in the sale 👍🏻

Cheers

jon

Out of interest, what has caught your attention?? 

Marcus