Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leuxs, finally it's mine......

3 hours ago, bobmc said:

Congratulations, looks to be a stunning example :smile: and worth the wait. Much better MPG than I would have thought. 

The mpg doesn't say that now, as i've been tootling about the back roads to Porthcurno, Lamorna and Penzance.  Now is on about 28.  Have been driving like the pope though, (if he drives)

7 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

That looks a stunner. Out of interest Nick, what mileage is on it?

The mileage is now just over 87,500.  It still feels like a new car.  A shame I had to bring it straight on holiday, sand, dirty clothes, kids in back for hours...... cream leather.

7 hours ago, PCM said:

Looks GREAT!

( Get that air con checked - ready for the Summer ! )

Happy days.

PS. The Rear Screens look good too - what make are they? Nextbase?

Yes Norman and Piers,

They are the Next Base ones.  I have removed the leads in the pic as only use on way here and back.  Once home i take them out.  Quality wise there a bit pants and do seem fragile.  One i had replaced under warranty and the remotes are very fiddly.  But Leo at 7 can now operate himself.  I appreciate having two different players so different films can be watched simultaneously.  Also they came with wireless headphones, which eventaully i swopped over to corded headphones, Sony's at about £16 each. Much less hassle.  I think the player was about £120.   The air con works well I think, but next weeek its going to Lek Tek for a once over.  (or is it Tek Lex?)  I will ask they check that, not that it should need it as the garage was very good in getting the car ready.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Superb! And I'm assuming you called in at the Lamorna Pottery for the best cream tea in Cornwall!

Not as yet!!  However did have tea and cake at Porthgwarra about 2 hours ago and about to go to the Old Success for a couple of pints with my good Lady and the kids.

3 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

Sand/kids....it's a CAR!! Made to carry things, not mollycoddle!

Pope? Famously drives a Fiat 500! (Look it up!)

Yes I know!!! and that's what Sally keeps telling me but you know that first weeks or two when you park it right carefully and don't want dirt anywhere near it, that's where I am right now.  Does he, well I hope he has the roll back roof model as he can keep his Papel hat on.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

Sand/kids....it's a CAR!! Made to carry things, not mollycoddle!

Pope? Famously drives a Fiat 500! (Look it up!)

I am not sure that he does drive Chris.He is often driven and in Rome is driven in a Focus.

Regards

John

1 hour ago, nickd said:

The mileage is now just over 87,500.  It still feels like a new car.  A shame I had to bring it straight on holiday, sand, dirty clothes, kids in back for hours...... cream leather.

87k pfff, your car is still virgin ;)

I am sitting at 248k and still feels and drives like a new car :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nickd said:

The mpg doesn't say that now, as i've been tootling about the back roads to Porthcurno, Lamorna and Penzance.  Now is on about 28.  Have been driving like the pope though, (if he drives)

It's funny with these big cars - I drive like that too mostly with the LS. Now and again I'll floor it just to remind myself that there's a 4.3 litre V8 under the bonnet, but most of the time I just enjoy wafting around. Am hardly ever above 2000 RPM.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ScousePaul said:

It's funny with these big cars - I drive like that too mostly with the LS. Now and again I'll floor it just to remind myself that there's a 4.3 litre V8 under the bonnet, but most of the time I just enjoy wafting around. Am hardly ever above 2000 RPM.

It reminds me of my beloved Soarer. A sweet 4 litre Toyota V8. Effortless... :yes:

• Like 2