Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys,    

just took grandkids back to skelmersdale, going down m62 j27 leeds I got 2 quick beeps through the audio.  This happened twice more about 5 miles apart.

this was both going and coming back,checked manual but could not find any reference to this ,car still new to me ,still finding things out.my old rx did not have this on ,any idea's what this is. thanks in anticipation.  polish

thank peter, never though of speed camera's should be safe from the greedy , never speed with the kids in the car.was heavy traffic so wasn't going fast.

• 2 weeks later...

No mention in my handbooks either and I haven't found any settings on the Nav system to enable/disable the alerts.

The alerts sound irrespective of what function is active on the system (Premium Nav), so I'd guess if you have it you would have heard it by now?

49 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

Have I got this on my 2014 gs300 premier? No mention in handbook!

You must have too much time on your hands if you've read the handbook.....especially the sat-nav one :smile:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

No mention in my handbooks either and I haven't found any settings on the Nav system to enable/disable the alerts.

The alerts sound irrespective of what function is active on the system (Premium Nav), so I'd guess if you have it you would have heard it by now?

I can switch on or off the speed limit sign (which was pretty dubious in Belgium - lucky the police were too!) but haven't seen (or heard) about camera warnings.

Alan ,             hi  been reading manual but cannot find reference to beeps, rang local dealer but had no idea, the chappy who is clued up about the system was off work. next time in hull will pop in for a coffee and ask again, he's very good ,My RX which I traded in did nit have this on the system [2013] so it may be only on the latest models. will let you know when I find out.regards polish  ps enjoy your holls

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ALAN my man at hull says the beeps are speed camera's,allso the last 2 GS models have it fitted so you should have it didn't know if it could be turned off .B

On 2017-4-27 at 9:02 AM, Ala Larj said:

Thanks Brian. If it's there there must be a way to turn it on and off. In France it's illegal to have a speed camera detector!

It's not detecting cameras, it's using a GPS database of locations.