Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running Cables

Ahead of the Beat Sonic install, does anyone have any experience feeding cables from the back of the nav unit to the glovebox, centre concole etc. I will need to feed an external DAB aerial and USB connection. And IS250 owners might know also. Many thanks! 

No doubt you have already viewed this really good installation video.

Where is the external DAB aerial going to go? Are you drilling a hole in the roof? 

It should be simple to feed the USB cable back through the centre console to the armrest if that's where the USB lead is going. On the SC430 my USB cable is cut into the seat heater control for easy access.

I searched but couldn't find a decent tutorial for the ISF glove-box removal. If it follows the usual Lexus format, there should be fixings, probably 2  x 10mm bolt/screws at the bottom that will be revealed when the trim in the foot-well is removed (pulled down) and then I think there will be 3 x 10mm bolt/screw fixings inside the top of the glove-box to take out and no doubt a light connection/contact before the whole glove-box will release. 

Once the glove-box is out, threading the cable should be very easy. If it's similar to the SC this might help a little (page 20) forum.lexus-world.com/threads/a-darker-shade-of-grey.438/page-20

Below is a schematic for the centre console and armrest. Hopefully that will explain how the components fit together. I would try to find a convenient point for the USB plug so that it can be easily reached.

Image result for Lexus ISF armrest

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neil E said:

No doubt you have already viewed this really good installation video.

Where is the external DAB aerial going to go? Are you drilling a hole in the roof? 

It should be simple to feed the USB cable back through the centre console to the armrest if that's where the USB lead is going. On the SC430 my USB cable is cut into the seat heater control for easy access.

I searched but couldn't find a decent tutorial for the ISF glove-box removal. If it follows the usual Lexus format, there should be fixings, probably 2  x 10mm bolt/screws at the bottom that will be revealed when the trim in the foot-well is removed (pulled down) and then I think there will be 3 x 10mm bolt/screw fixings inside the top of the glove-box to take out and no doubt a light connection/contact before the whole glove-box will release. 

Once the glove-box is out, threading the cable should be very easy. If it's similar to the SC this might help a little (page 20) forum.lexus-world.com/threads/a-darker-shade-of-grey.438/page-20

Below is a schematic for the centre console and armrest. Hopefully that will explain how the components fit together. I would try to find a convenient point for the USB plug so that it can be easily reached.

Image result for Lexus ISF armrest

That's brilliant, thanks Neil 👍.  The DAB aerial can be mounted to the top of the windscreen to no drilling required, just need to find a route to the windscreen and to the glovebox for the USB. Part should be delivered today, will start the wiring tonight! 

Yes it's usually quite quick to route from the back of the dash under the glove box and up the A pillar. Refer to that part of my build thread (if you can find) to see how the sill trim can be removed to release the door seal and carpet. My USB camera lead takes that route to the back of the rear view mirror. 10 minutes and you're done. Much easier than mounting a proper antenna on the roof at the back of the car.:smile:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links