Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus in a pickle

rayaans

Well they are in Japan atleast. 

They forecasted 50 sales per month.....

....And ended up selling 1800! 

Essentially, it turns out that if production of the car isnt increased, the waiting list is 3 years

The split is 55:45, LC500:LC500h

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/04/18/initial-lexus-lc-orders-in-japan-exceed-three-year-sales-goal/

2 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Nice problem to have.:smile:   25 sales per month would be a far more difficult problem to deal with.   Lovely to have a successful, in demand product.

Agreed. I don't think they anticipated how successful the LC would be. I wonder if they'll increase production or leave it and create demand! 

Success will be defined by how well the second and third year sales go. New model will have many banging on the door. Wait for the real world reviews to start.

Lexus should keep production as planned and generate the exclusivity factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Success will be defined by how well the second and third year sales go. New model will have many banging on the door. Wait for the real world reviews to start.

Lexus should keep production as planned and generate the exclusivity factor.

The reviews have already come out and the car is looking very good indeed.

Probably the highest rated Lexus ever after the LFA by journalists.

The LS is built on the same platform so should be very good as well.

The GS was supposed to be built on the same platform but the current word is that the GS is dead. I'm sceptical but we'll see 

On 4/18/2017 at 11:04 PM, rayaans said:

They forecasted 50 sales per month.....

....And ended up selling 1800! 

I guess 50 per month is average projected for whole lifetime of the model, obviously first few months or even entire year going to be much higher.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I guess 50 per month is average projected for whole lifetime of the model, obviously first few months or even entire year going to be much higher.

I would be very surprised if Lexus had already decided the lifespan of the LC range.

Where did I say that they didn't know? I said they estimated average monthly purchase for the entire lifespan of the model. I believe first year production for LC500 alone they have put to 800 in one interview (was that 800... in US... I am not certain). Anyway, my point is - you cannot compare monthly average figures with preorder run and first year hype - as somebody mentioned: "second and third years will be the story tellers".

And what is for sure - Lexus definitely roughly knows how long they will be selling car for. Don't forget this is kind of replacement in line-up for SC... so normal lifespan I would say ~8 years, facelift after 4. I guess Lexus could have shortened it in case lack of interest, but because cars sells well I guess that will stay correct. Going past 8 Years without major changes is non-goer even for Lexus. They kind of did that with SC, but I believe it was a bit of loss maker in last two years, because sales dropped drastically after 8.