Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus NX facelift revealed

shame they did not give the NX thesame power as the IS. Some 27 horses less from thesame powersource, guess the marketingdepartment did not allow it.

i Drove an NX for a day recently and it is a very relaxed drive indeed but feels weak compared to my current  IS, it does not give thesame push.  

Hmm - different, rater than better. The extended rear light clusters necessitate an awkward crease above the Lexus badge. Hopefully the brake lights illuminate more of the cluster than in the current model. The "NX300" designation turns out to be a new name for the NX200t, rather than the detuned V6 some of us suspected.

I can honestly scarcely see the different on the exterior F sport (not complaining as shortly taking delivery of pre-facelift model!) although I do see it on the non-F particularly at the front. 

I do like the interior improvements a lot - I've long argued for toggles over buttons and the screen and clock did need enlarged. 

Are those fog lights in the bottom corners, to the left and right of the grill?

Apparently so..

"as well as relocated the fog lamps to the corner of the front bumpers, separating them from the ducts."

Edited by NemesisUK
read the blurb

Turns out those wheels are optional! 

Good - because I swear they look like they've been pulled off the RAV 4

Something else to note - the NX now gets dynamic indicators like the RX :)

9 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

shame they did not give the NX thesame power as the IS. Some 27 horses less from thesame powersource, guess the marketingdepartment did not allow it.

i Drove an NX for a day recently and it is a very relaxed drive indeed but feels weak compared to my current  IS, it does not give thesame push.  

It doesn't have the same engine, hence the difference in power.

Ah wow that is nice, pity I have a lot of expenses otherwise this would be the version I would pick up, it seems like I will have to get a second hand 2015 model on finance.

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

17-04-20-lexus-nx-screenshot.jpg

Anyone noticed the Map? Its Google Maps! Either through mirrorlink or added as a feature - no idea

It's mirrorlink according to the site that posted the shot. I'm so bitter mirrorlink doesn't work on the current models.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/04/20/video-introducing-the-2018-lexus-nx-f-sport/

7 hours ago, Runwaypimp said:

It's mirrorlink according to the site that posted the shot. I'm so bitter mirrorlink doesn't work on the current models.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/04/20/video-introducing-the-2018-lexus-nx-f-sport/

I think the website is wrong TBH

Google maps certainly doesn't show NE and 100m on my phone!  If it was mirror link, it'd only mirror the screen so wouldn't have that?

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

I think the website is wrong TBH

Google maps certainly doesn't show NE and 100m on my phone!  If it was mirror link, it'd only mirror the screen so wouldn't have that?

I think those are an overlay from the Lexus software. Just like the icons on the right.

3 hours ago, Runwaypimp said:

I think those are an overlay from the Lexus software. Just like the icons on the right.

The icons on the right are certainly overlays but they always are

It wouldnt make sense to overlay nav zoom and the compass everytime the car has mirror link on. 

I wonder if google maps has been added as a standalone feature 

Little video which shows some more NX facelift details

Be aware its heavily CGI'ed as all Lexus launch videos are but I can say one thing - and thats the fact that the standard wheels look much better than the optional ones!