Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300 Parking guidelines not appearing

So went to look at a 3rd Gen GS (facelift). One thing that I couldn't figure out was why the guidelines were not appearing when it reverse (the ones that turn as you turn the steering wheel). The parking sensors were activated (I checked). I also checked the menu options (had stuff about static/dynamic/etc and I tried the various possibilities).There was no option on the camera display on the screen either to activate/adjust things - essentially comparing back with a GS450h of same age i've driven where you could select parallel park/etc.

Any ideas? Or was it a case this era didn't come with it :(

There is a thread on here titled "Removal Of The Reversing Grid Assist In The Gs450H Update" posted in March 2012. I don't know how to tag it unfortunately but it does appear to indicate that this facility was removed from the face lifted cars

50 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

There is a thread on here titled "Removal Of The Reversing Grid Assist In The Gs450H Update" posted in March 2012. I don't know how to tag it unfortunately but it does appear to indicate that this facility was removed from the face lifted cars

Thanks Chris. Any idea what denoted the facelift model AS i THOUGHT i HAD ONE OF THE LAST gEN3 models?

Regards

John

My understanding from the research I did prior to purchasing mine is that there was a minor face lift firstly on the 2008 m.y. cars (identified by the side indicators being moved to door mirrors) and then a much more extensive one for the 2010 m.y. (new grille, a new alloy wheel design on the final cars, etc.) I also found that when the 450h was launched in 2006 there were three trim levels, standard trim (base), se and se-l. The 2008 face lift dropped the base model but the se trim was downgraded to the original base model spec and the se-l was in turn downgraded to the original se spec. This meant that things like the adaptive cruise and sunroof that were originally standard in se-l trim became an expensive optional extra.

The post I mentioned does appear to indicate that the OP's local dealer said that Lexus had removed this facility but following complaints had reinstated it on some cars so perhaps john yours is one of the lucky ones.

• Like 1

Just found the post:

This is truly ridiculous. I'm staggered they would remove it on some cars. Looks like the one i'm looking at (or rather was!) is a car that must have been affected. Very, very silly.

:ohmy:

• Like 1

My 06 SE L had the guide lines but now I am worried the 09 may be missing this valuable feature, he ho still better than the Merc with no camera but parktronic which will not tell you if it wants to bay or parallel park , wait to see what it will do. How can that be safe ?

Apologies - I didn't figure it out! Was showing folks how the two different screens look as there were suggestions to press buttons, etc.

I don't believe there is a fix :(

2 hours ago, tonyricha said:

Collected my 2009 SE L yesterday with trepidation, selected reverse and yes the guidelines appeared! Relief !!!

That's great news! Hope the rest of the car is also great! Get some pics up :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links