Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Resetting the ecu

Does anyone know how to reset the ecu on the isf? There is an ecu fuse in the passenger footwell fuse box but do any other fuses also need to be taken out to complete a reset? 

I'm trying to avoid disconecting the Battery and losing all my settings 😯

• Like 1

I've never worried about losing settings as my car is always in bits anyway so I'm happy to disconnect the Battery but it might be worth trying the procedure below as it is supposed to work for the SC, perhaps it works for other models too?

If you want to reset the ECU without losing your seat and stereo settings, perform the following procedure:
1. Get in your car and insert key. (It doesn't matter if you close the door or not.)
2. Turn the key to the on (not start) position.
3. Press the gas pedal to the floor.
4. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.
5. Wait 2 minutes.
6. Remove key.
7. Done

• Like 1

In my car if i press the start button once, to listen to the radio or something, i would then have to press the start button a further 2 times to switch everything off.  If you just have radio on and press the button will put ignition on with dials and everything ready to start.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Does anyone know how to reset the ecu on the isf? There is an ecu fuse in the passenger footwell fuse box but do any other fuses also need to be taken out to complete a reset? 

I'm trying to avoid disconecting the battery and losing all my settings 😯

Out of interest, why might you want to reset the ECU?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PCM said:

@PCM Piers I would suggest knowing @Rusty Crobar Russ as we do he's looking for a way to gain an advantage over us all this weekend, he's secretly fitted a Couple of turbo's or something.😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I wish! The 02 sensors have set off the warning lights again, I assume there is a loose wire somewhere. Want to see if a reset clears the lights like last time before taking the car to bits!

Make sure you have it ready for Saturday @Rusty Crobar otherwise we will al be meeting at your house and bringing our spanners............................or maybe just watching you while we eat cake:wink3:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PCM said:

I've found it resets the throttle position sensor and the gearbox shift points. If the car has started to feel a little lazy, this spices things up a bit. 

Also quickens the learning process for the ECU if you've done any mods...

• Like 2

From what I know just disconnect the Battery for like 30 mins and everything should reset.

never heard of resetting the ECU with removing fuses, but I guess it won't hurt if you want to be extra sure everything is resetting. 

• Like 1

The fuse method (Google it) doesn't lose your settings for the electric windows, seats, radio etc.  It just resets the ECU for the engine and the gearbox. 

• Like 2

On 19/04/2017 at 6:47 PM, Rusty Crobar said:

I'm trying to avoid disconecting the battery and losing all my settings 😯

IMG_0392.GIF

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links