Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buy ISF from main dealer or not ?

Hi all looking to buy an ISF , not sure if I should stick with main dealers or not . Looking to spend around the £20000 mark . Any body retro fitted a LSD system , loads done in the States wondering how it effect the e diff ?

Thanks

One at lexus Cheltenham for £20k in grey? Feels expensive when compared to similar age / mileage cars?

but if you could get an extra couple of years warranty out of it, maybe it's worth it?

@Prof Manny

Hi Mandip

All depends how risk averse you are I guess, obviously you are going to pay more at the dealerships but thy were a 60k car when new and as others have said it is a good warranty for that added peace of mind.

There really aren't that many to choose from at any one time, but good luck with it, when you've secured one you will not regret it.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Hi all

Thanks for the advice , will try to stick with main dealers or forum members . Great thing about these cars is due to the limited numbers most members know the cars history . Will check out the grey one but looking to get a 2010 with lsd and dab radio . 

I think as long as there is proof the car has been looked after then they are pretty bullet proof, if you buy from Lexus then it will come with 12 months warranty, I would try and negotiate for another year at least, as for the LSD it really is a track thing, I have driven with and without on the road and found no difference driving sensibly.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

• Like 1

I've got a track day on the 8th May.  Dealership i bought mine from said it had and LSD fitted by the previous owner that they knew.  I'm not convinced personally having done a few doughnuts in the car.  Having had plenty of cars with them it doesnt feel like it does.

That being said, i only notice because i drive like a knob sometimes.  Normal driving makes no difference whatsoever

We will see though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Prof Manny said:

will try to stick with main dealers or forum members

5 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

few doughnuts in the car.  Having had plenty of cars with them it doesnt feel like it does.

That being said, i only notice because i drive like a knob sometimes.  Normal driving makes no difference whatsoever

We will see though.

Yep, stick with cars owned by forum members. :wink3:

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

I wouldn't get hung up on the LSD. Mine hasn't got one (08) and I did a track day at Silverstone in the wet - it was great fun!!

@Mark G has an LSD in his, but he still struggled to get past me when I was driving an IS300h !

:wink3:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

@Mark G has an LSD in his, but he still struggled to get past me when I was driving an IS300h !

Well that made me proper laugh.

I know I know, I am hopeless, and you had @Big Rat in the car with you as well, to back up this pitiful display of driving by me, I sometimes wonder why I have the bloody thing...................:whistling1:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Oof! All whilst getting double the fuel economy of the ISF too... the shame!

• Like 1

Just now, mrfunex said:

Oof! All whilst getting double the fuel economy of the ISF too... the shame!

AND I had the aircon on, windows open and towing a caravan!!!!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

oOof! All whilst getting double the fuel economy of the ISF too... the shame!

I have been outed Stuart, electricity is the fuel of the future for me now................................................. @Flytvr and @Big Rat have finished me.................and they hog all the bloody cake:wallbash:

• Like 4

I was thinking about a diff too but didn't get very far with the search. You'll struggle to find a 2nd hand one and I'm not sure of any off the shelf options in the UK. Might have to import from America. 

Having been on the track in mine I really don't think it's worth the expense. The car is not short on grip so you're just paying for a slightly better balance and easier drifting 😁

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Yep, stick with cars owned by forum members. :wink3:

Unabused, enthusiast owned, loved and cared for motor for sale!!!

In my defence it's red and does it on its own, i'm just a passenger

• Like 2