Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay coilovers

Joey-is250

Anyone using the coilovers in the link below?At the price I'm thinking of giving them a go but would like get some feedback off anyone that has purchased them.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/for-Lexus-XE10-IS200-IS300-XE10-GXE10-JCE-5-Year-01-05-Coilover-Suspension-SCB-/222179294513?hash=item33baeafd31:g:GeoAAOSwhOVXfih-

• Like 1

I have them. They are really good for the price, not very bumpy etc since you can adjust the preload yourself. You get 12kg springs for the front and 10 kg springs for the rear. (I've swapped those around cus drift car)

The heights aren't perfect since you cant get the rear down very far without winding down the preload below 0 while the front ends up absolutely slammed unless you run it in the highest position. I have a theory that it ends up pretty nice if you swap the dampers around front to rear, so I'm gonna try that in a few days.

And the top plates fitment isn't perfect so you have to oval out a hole 1 mm or so. And obviously no bracket for the brake lines in the front so you have to ziptie them.

Another thing is that while the rings are aluminium, the threads and bottom mount is steel, so they rust unless you keep them treated.

Of course as others have pointed out, non adjustable dampers, but it seems that they have a little bit more rebump than bump which is a nice feature, and the damping force is pretty well suited at least for street use. I suppose you can change the damper insert if you really wanted to, to something adjustable.

For the money they are great

photo_2017-03-30_19-00-57.jpg

DSC_0157.JPG

Is that  the rear down as far as it will go?

I can see what you mean about swaping them around from the first pic looking at the thread gaps left.

Let me know how ya get on with changing the dampers around.Thanks

Yeah thats the rear as low as it gets. However, I pulled the shocks out today. And the rear ones are about 4.5cm longer (promising)

I only hope the front doesn't get too high but time will tell.

photo_2017-04-22_17-19-04.jpg

Yea, i think it did the trick.Long shocks in front. The image shows the lowest position in the front and near the lowest in the rear with about 6 cm raising availible. 0 preload

photo_2017-04-22_18-04-32.jpg

I'm just running around 0. basically winding it up until the spring has no slack. Makes it easier to turn the assembly vs running higher preload, to adjust the height. And it's a smooth ride as long as you run less than the rest load, about 2-3cm.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links