Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

qentin wilson loves them

Lexus did indeed shake up the market way back in the day.

I'm pleased that they've gradually extended their range recently too.

QUentin WiLLson used to be on the telly quite a bit but you rarely see him these days.  I think we missed his last(?) Classic Car Show series.

14 minutes ago, harrylime said:

has anyone tried the glass of water on the engine? I did with mine a couple of years ago. Impressive, not a ripple to be seen

I haven't but I think I will, just to see if the 430 performs in the same way.

1 hour ago, harrylime said:

has anyone tried the glass of water on the engine? I did with mine a couple of years ago. Impressive, not a ripple to be seen

the water demo is on this one hugh

18 hours ago, Farqui said:

Lexus did indeed shake up the market way back in the day.

I'm pleased that they've gradually extended their range recently too.

QUentin WiLLson used to be on the telly quite a bit but you rarely see him these days.  I think we missed his last(?) Classic Car Show series.

Think yourself lucky, it was pretty poor, and I was always a fan previously.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

But didn't say he thought it better than his Roller - which is a comment I've read more than once! 

CAR mag did do a side-by-side comparison of the (SER 1,I think) and the Rolls. Said the Rollls had more gravitas, but otherwise, the Lexus was better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Skelton said:

CAR mag did do a side-by-side comparison of the (SER 1,I think) and the Rolls. Said the Rollls had more gravitas, but otherwise, the Lexus was better.

and any minor breakdown or service on the RR would likely cost the value of the Lexus  .................  RR gravitas = £££££s

I remember 15 years ago with one on our forecourt for sale, the tyres were 500 squidge each and the weight of the car just wore them down when moving, not bad driving or road conditions, just the car's weight !  ............  Gravitas can be expensive to maintain

Malc

• Like 1

On 21/04/2017 at 6:32 PM, harrylime said:

Not tried the water test, but had a go at drinking beer while sat on the bonnet, but after 3 pints kept falling off, and plenty of ripples in the muddle puddle I landed in.:wacko:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

"I drive better after 3 pints, officer"

"I brive petter lafter 3 bites officer", is all I said and thats when the trouble started!!!!  Now I just walk to the Fleece at Rooksmoor (nice pub if your ever driving the A46 near Stroud).

• Like 1

On 2017-4-22 at 11:30 AM, mikeyv said:

Think yourself lucky, it was pretty poor, and I was always a fan previously.

Not much good car shows on TV these days but anyone else a fan of Harry's Garage? He posts some great stuff on YouTube. He founded EVO magazine, is clearly worth a few bob, and makes excellent very anoraky car videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIB5XXHNAWWzTOw6guIMYCg